PDA

View Full Version : Too much Action with QQ on a 77272 board? :)

DavidC
07-07-2005, 06:49 AM
Villain is TAG, so I figure he can be limping with a 7. I figure he also could be slowplaying a higher pair than me, but that he also could be making a move or just have a worse pair (until he caps the turn).

It's possible that villain could have been planning to CRT with 22 and just stuck to the plan, also. However, with 22, villain may be folding to a turn three-bet?

I don't know... it's a tough spot to be in. There's also no chance of losing to a flush or straight any more, so I figure I can afford to slow down.

I'm trying to think about this in as little of a results-oriented manner as possible: listing the reasons why I gave action here.

Anyways, the bastard's got my money (and it's never coming back!), but I'm curious about how well or poorly you guys think I played it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

---

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

sekrah
07-07-2005, 07:28 AM
I think you played it fine..

He could be holding ANY pocket pair right now..

Colonel Kataffy
07-07-2005, 07:39 AM
I think you played it fine. I might not three bet the turn, depending on how i feel about my opponent. But 3-betting certainly isn't big leak. Infact, if you never ever gave an opponent credit for quads, it wouldn't be a big leak.

DavidC
07-07-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it fine. I might not three bet the turn, depending on how i feel about my opponent. But 3-betting certainly isn't big leak. Infact, if you never ever gave an opponent credit for quads, it wouldn't be a big leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe... I think you have a point there, although quads IS more common in a community card game than it is in a game like draw poker.

If he had bet into me, raising is just fine, IMHO, but when he checkraises me, I have to think about it a little harder. Oh well...

--Dave.

Waloonga
07-07-2005, 08:05 AM
The QQ really upsets the board though. Only 5 best cards win, as usual. Quads are of course a risk, but I usually let them happen, it is so uncommon that i would more often try to go for the kill. The QQ forfeits the 22 as a pair and the 777 forfeits a 222 if the villian is holding a x2 card, for instance A2s. Thus, unless somebody has quads, your biggest worries are AA or KK.

What's the verdict?