PDA

View Full Version : 15k hands - low vpip

chickenbeaks
07-07-2005, 04:41 AM
I see all these 17-20% vpips and I feel like a tightwad at 13.42%. What are some common ways to loosen up? If you need me to be more specific, just ask.

benneh
07-07-2005, 04:55 AM
play any PP at loose tables. be more generous with your sooooooooooooted connectors. play suited kings down to K9 or K8. play any suited ace if you can cheaply (and you have decent position or the game is very loose passive). dont get scared off by a raiser just cause you have QJ.

i duno. its hard to give any real help on this subject without knowing how you play. and i'm not sure i'm the kinda person youw ant advice from. according to PT i'm semi-loose agressive agressive.

TomBrooks
07-07-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What are some common ways to loosen up?

[/ QUOTE ] Um, play more hands? Get a starting hand chart and follow it. What game are you playing (site/limits)? I play Party .5/1 at around 30VPIP/10pfr, but don't try going that high.

Peter Harris
07-07-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
play any PP at loose tables

[/ QUOTE ]

goot advice

[ QUOTE ]
play suited kings down to K9 or K8

[/ QUOTE ]
at loose tables, goot advice

[ QUOTE ]
play any suited ace if you can cheaply

[/ QUOTE ]
very goot advice

[ QUOTE ]
dont get scared off by a raiser just cause you have QJ

[/ QUOTE ]
poor generic advice. I'll play QJs to a raise from a loose player. Otherwise, I dump QJo and QJs to a raise unless i'm in the big blind (QJs i'll play in the SB).

Buy SSHE and follow those guidelines, you will then be playing winning poker with a 22% pip. I'm ~20 at present and it seems quite reasonable for .5/1.

Regards,
Pete Harris

stlip
07-07-2005, 05:17 AM
Try this chart if you haven't seen it.

starting hand spreadsheet (http://www.jade-dragon.net/poker/preflop.xls)

benneh
07-07-2005, 05:22 AM
"poor generic advice. I'll play QJs to a raise from a loose player. Otherwise, I dump QJo and QJs to a raise unless i'm in the big blind (QJs i'll play in the SB)."

i meant this in a much more ... whats the word.. well, i dont mean specifically QJ. just simply telling him not to be scared off by raisers at the limits he's probably playing at as they can be pumping anything.

i guess a better way to say what i actually wanted to say is watch out for who's raising you and note the crap they raise with and play from there. sounds evne more generic, but i'm sure it could help him loosen up a bit.