PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Games

IGMorton
07-07-2005, 04:02 AM
When i'm playing at a site like Prima or UB, where traffic isn't really high i often find the only games running at 3/6 or 2/4 are lightning games.

In general... am i better off avoiding these games? I don't mind sitting down at an empty regular table and waiting for it to fill up. My reasoning is that the lightning players are probably more comfortable with their game or are bonus chasers looking to earn that bonus asap. Either way, i'm less likely to find loose-passives and will probably run into more rocks and action junky maniacs at lightning tables.

ALawPoker
07-07-2005, 04:17 AM
Lightning games meaning they give you less time to act? I'm assuming that's what you're referring to. I've played games like this on other sites, but never on the two sites you mention. In my experience the play is not significantly any different. It's reasonable to think that people playing in lightning games would be more serious players.... but it's also reasonable to think that as stakes increase play-level increases proportionally, but that isn't the case either.