PDA

View Full Version : Is this horrible? or just 'bad'?

Josh W
07-07-2005, 03:40 AM
50-100 with solid 2p2er on my left. I have a very loose aggressive image. This is because I'm playing loose and aggressive. My postflop play has been a little more ABC (as ABC as can be when you put yourself in some rather unique perflop situations...) I stole the blinds on the previous hand.

I raise 99 UTG, and solid twoplustwoer whom we'll call 'gabe' threebets me. He's new to the table, but has been sweating me and seeing my shenanigans. One calls three cold, and I call.

Flop comes TT5r. I check, he bets, other calls, and I call. Turn is a 6. I check, he bets, other calls, and I raise. Both call. RIver is a Queen, I check, he pauses then bets, other mucks and I muck.

My thoughts were that....I haven't played with him much, but I know he'll continue to bet the turn with an unimproved AK or AQ.

When he called my turn checkraise, I was pretty sure he didn't have just naked overcards. I had no idea about the other player, but I figured other may have had AK or AQ or AJs or something.

But when gabe called the checkraise, I knew I was done with the hand unless i rivered a 9.....

Reasonable or no?

Josh

mike l.
07-07-2005, 03:43 AM
"But when gabe called the checkraise, I knew I was done with the hand unless i rivered a 9....."

no. youre done with the hand when he bets after rivering you. i put gabe on AQ. that was a good c/r on the turn. you had the nuts until then. oh one more thing is you shouldve capped it preflop because due to your image you have him locked in to showdown w/ AK, AQ, and AJs.

Lawrence Ng
07-07-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Reasonable or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasonable, probably not. Correct - against a player who knows that you very likely have a pocket pair say JJ or lower, yes I make that laydown when the queen comes and he bets after you check. Then again, I make a lot of huge laydowns against a lot of solid players and over time I think they are starting to become aware of that fact that they have good tremendous bluffing leverage with those overcards if I show weakness on the river. So with my knowledge that they know this, I'm pretty much forced to pay them off. It's like this crazy circle of thinking I tell ya Josh.

lawrence

Nightwish
07-07-2005, 05:49 AM
I think you played it well. I might bet the flop and hope that Gabe raises.

The river is a little tricky. I doubt your opponent would bet into two players with anything that you beat, but you're getting 10:1 closing the action. You don't have to win here a whole lot for your call to be correct. It all comes down to how well you know your opponent and how well he knows you....

Gabe
07-07-2005, 04:41 PM
what did I have? Did I show? Somehow I tought it was 99 but you had that. I forget. Maybe it was JJ or KK. This has been buggging me.

Josh W
07-07-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what did I have? Did I show? Somehow I tought it was 99 but you had that. I forget. Maybe it was JJ or KK. This has been buggging me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't show. When the Q came and I checked, then you paused for a second before betting. I really put you on JJ and thought your thought process may have been "hmmm, if the Q scares him, my jacks must be good"

Interestingly enough, I almost asked you what you had, outta friendly curiousity. I decided not to, but now wish I had /images/graemlins/smile.gif

J