PDA

View Full Version : Last one from 1/2 6max

kapw7
07-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Thank God Party bonus clearing is over and I don't have to play more with these apes at 1/2.

UTG has recently joined the table. He seems to be involved in a lot of hands but nothing more specific than that.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds

Any different ideas?

beset7
07-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Flop and preflop look fine to me.

If I had a read on the villain as an overaggressive chronic bluffer then I'd pick the line that gets me to showdown cheapest (check/call). Without more of a read I don't think the fold is bad.

Kumubou
07-07-2005, 03:39 AM
I honestly do not think that 6 helped him (unless his raising range is obscenely wide), but he could be popping off a K here. Meh, I hate folding PPs to one overcard, I would probably call this down knowing that I'm probably just going to find out what his kicker is.

(Trying to make moves on unknowns at mirco-limits in 6-max seems to be nigh useless, anyway. Just relentlessly value bet, draw when you have odds, and get out of people's way when you do not.)

-K

kapw7
07-07-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

(Trying to make moves on unknowns at mirco-limits in 6-max seems to be nigh useless, anyway. Just relentlessly value bet, draw when you have odds, and get out of people's way when you do not.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You talk about the flop C-R? I wasn't making a move. I was value betting getting 2 bets instead of 1. I think this flop play is standard

TomBrooks
07-07-2005, 03:57 AM
FLOP: I like folding here. UTG raised PF and is now betting into the PF 3-bettor with a King on Deck. Although your pocket pair is higher than middle pair, I strongly suspect UTG has AA, KK, KQ, KJ or something similar with a King.

TURN: Bet/Fold looks like a logical continuation of the line you are on.

BTW, why do you refer to the 1/2 6Max players as apes?

bottomset
07-07-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You talk about the flop C-R? I wasn't making a move. I was value betting getting 2 bets instead of 1. I think this flop play is standard

[/ QUOTE ]

uh you don't know much about villian, and you c/r as a default after 3betting preflop??

what kind of range do you think he has preflop, and what range do you think he has postflop...

newfant
07-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I like your preflop action. With that flop, I just check-call to the river. Look at all the money you put into the pot with your aggression and you didn't even get to see a showdown.

With check-call to the river you get to see a showdown for one more SB than you put in to make it to the turn. By the way, it's not a value-bet if he has a king or higher pockets than you, it's a donkbet.

kapw7
07-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I am sure I was tilting a bit here after playing all these people that raise PF any ace. I wouldn't do this normally as I am more likely (way) behind post-flop. Apologies for any misguidance.
After I folded, the guy, who turned out to be a super-maniac, showed his hand: QJo./images/graemlins/shocked.gif

DeathDonkey
07-07-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this flop play is standard

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. Bet.

-DeathDonkey

imported_The Vibesman
07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I would just bet the flop, he did not raise your 3bet and could just check behind you.

What's he raising with UTG pre-flop that includes a 6? If he had a K why the stopngo?

Maybe he's just a strange player, but I might look him up on this hand just because I was confused enough about the action that I want to know what he has. I can't understand what kind of legit hand he would play like this.

MrEngenic
07-07-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't ever 3-bet preflop and CR flop. Bet