PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is AlbertMoulton and I play TPWK badly...

rikz
07-07-2005, 02:29 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB Villain (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Another TPWK hand I played badly. Advice welcome.

No read on villain yet. I only played 13 hands with him all night, including this one.

MP3 ($32.8)
Hero ($50.85)
Button ($93.05)
SB ($49.5)
BB Villain ($35.85)
UTG ($60.65)
UTG+1 ($50.75)
UTG+2 ($47.25)
MP1 ($45.3)
MP2 ($25.45)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.75. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.75, BB Villain calls $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.50.

Anybody fold here to MP1? MP1 is Semi-Loose Preflop, Generally Passive Preflop, and Passive Post Flop. He probably has a mid-to-high pocket pair or AK/AQ/AJ. He doesn't seem like the type to raise here with suited connectors or low pocket pairs.

Flop: ($10.25) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $5</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, SB folds, Villain calls $9.

MP1 is out, so he clearly didn't have AK or anything that connected with this flop.

When the action go to me, I wanted to see how good my TPWK was. So, I planned to fold to a reraise, and check/fold to a serious river bet.

Turn: ($38.25) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain calls $19.85 (All-In), Hero folds.

I stuck with my plan to check/fold to a serious river bet. That seems like a bad plan now. Maybe if I’d called on the flop, I could have had odds to call on the river if Villain made a smaller turn bet?

Anybody call?

Would anybody have called preflop, but just folded to Villain's flop bet?

Final Pot: $58.10

anacrime
07-07-2005, 02:35 AM
Don't put yourself in these positions. If you have a hard time getting rid of top pair, just fold preflop.

Snag
07-07-2005, 02:44 AM
It looks like your hand history is a mess.

You have to call this turn w/ your flush outs, as well as the possibility you're up against AA - you have any K, J, or heart.

rikz
07-07-2005, 02:58 AM
In the hand history, did I post it wrong, or are some of the plays out of order? I don't see the mess. I'll probably have a "duh" moment when you point it out, but what is it so I can try to update it.

Thanks for the input.

Albert

imported_anacardo
07-07-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't put yourself in these positions. If you have a hard time getting rid of top pair, just fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not applicable advice.

Preflop action is fine. Flop play is read-dependent (does Villain habitually try to price his own draws, or does he like to lead weak into a raiser with a monster?) but the play I would make against an unknown.

Once he calls, you're in trouble. Stop &amp; go looks like AK, K9, a set or possibly KQ looking to get it all in on a non-diamond. You've got either 12 or 8 clean outs, or else you're way ahead; you need a strong read that Villain will habitually bluff/semibluff with something like middle pair or a busted flush draw to make this call. Mathematically you're too far behind a reasonable range to make this call.

I don't think there's any shame in finding yourself here; these are tough or at least thought-provoking decisions on all streets.

fuzzbox
07-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Getting 3-1 with a flush draw here - I might just call it. If he has a naked K then I have 12 outs. If he has a set then thats tough on me. Fold isnt bad either I suppose, although I guess he should repop the flop with a set.

I probably flat call the flop rather than raise it up.