PDA

View Full Version : MATT PLEASE DELETE

Dan Mezick
07-07-2005, 02:13 AM
DELETE

Dan Mezick
07-07-2005, 02:53 AM
What's really funny here is how "MATT PLEASE DELETE" gets so many views.

Claunchy
07-07-2005, 05:20 AM
Think this could be the new "A Test (Don't Bother Reading This One)?"

BZ_Zorro
07-07-2005, 07:59 AM
This will become the longest thread ever.

malorum
07-07-2005, 08:09 AM
hope so

BZ_Zorro
07-07-2005, 08:13 AM
I just like looking at that avatar shamelessly stolen from primatepoker.com, what's with that site anyway?

P.S. Are you THE Dan Mezick?

Colonel Kataffy
07-07-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just like looking at that avatar shamelessly stolen from primatepoker.com, what's with that site anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

But "Annie_Nuke" isn't as clever as they think it is.

Dan Mezick
07-07-2005, 08:43 AM
PrimatePoker appears to be a legitimate business based in Des Moines, Iowa. I'm not sure if the apes adhere to or follow any specific philosophal system. From the writings, and the business model, they appear to be material Darwinists. I once met the CEO, Dr. Norm McAuliffe (http://www.pokerfyi.com/primatepoker/online_poker_interview.asp) at a technical conference. He's a very nice guy.

[ QUOTE ]
Our mission is to generate profitable revenues from the continuous execution of winning online poker strategies. Our highly skilled primates use "The System" from the book "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players", by David Sklansky.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the FAQ page:

[ QUOTE ]
Q. Can you cite the specific poker research and writings that have influenced Primate Poker?
A. Yes. The greatest influence was David Sklansky and his book "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players". Specifically, page 122 which describes "The System" for no-limit strategy. A second influence, and the one that caught the initial attention of our CEO is the great writing of Daniel Negreanu. Daniel wrote an article in 2002 that absolutely stunned our CEO, Dr. Norm McAuliffe. You can see Daniel's very important, influential article here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paraphrasing Daniel Negreanu:

[ QUOTE ]
Over the last few years, I know of some computer whizzes who have been working on systems that could be implemented in a no-limit tournament that could almost guarantee you a long-term profit. Although I don’t think anyone is quite there yet, I do believe they are close. It’s likely you could develop a winning preflop strategy and have a monkey execute it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The company and company slogan can be found here: "Poker. Online Poker. Primate Poker." (http://www.pokerfyi.com/primatepoker/)