PDA

View Full Version : Two questionable hands I played with the same villain, same session

rikz
07-07-2005, 02:03 AM
I played 376 Hands with same Villain in the same session, but at 2 PP NL $50 tables.

Villain's session stats: 21% V$PIP, 12% PFR, and Aggression Factor of 3.0 on the Flop, 2.5 on the Turn, and 8.0 on the river.

The PT Stats, above, give you more detail than I had while playing. My read at the time was that he seemed to be super-aggressive on the river, but he seemed otherwise tight/aggressive.

However, as I went over my PT records, I should have picked up on the fact that he was caught once betting super aggressively on every street with only second pair and no draw into a TPTK that would not fold in which he lost his stack when neither improved by the river. On two other occasions, he also got called down by a TPTK for all his chips while holding only TPWK once, and I called him down with top two pair for 3/4 of his stack while he held bottom two pair. Of course, there were a few hands in which he bet big with a big hand, but I should have realized while playing that he was a least capable of big turn and river bets with marginal hands and aggressive bluffs.

Comments on all streets welcome.

Hand 1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($32.3)
Hero ($50)
UTG+1 ($93.8)
UTG+2 ($44.5)
MP1 ($59.95)
MP2 ($59.4)
MP3 Villain ($53.25)
CO ($50)
Button ($42.55)
SB ($34.9)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 Villain calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

I decided to raise UTG and lead out on the flop rather than try for a limp/re-raise. My read at the table was that there was a better than 50% chance that no one would raise if I limped and I didn’t want to play KK UTG in an unraised pot. Anybody just limp and risk playing this hand in a multi-way pot?

Flop: ($6.25) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $10</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $6.

Is calling too weak on the flop raise?

Turn: ($26.25) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $25</font>,

Now I’m in for $25 more with a high probability that Villain will put it all in on the river. So, this is a pot committing call if I make it. Should I call/call? Push? Fold?

Hero … ?

---------------

Hand 2
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB Villain (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($102.25)
MP3 ($49.25)
CO ($87.86)
Button ($95.95)
SB ($32)
BB Villain ($73.45)
UTG ($44.75)
UTG+1 ($54.72)
Hero ($75.4)
MP1 ($51.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.50, BB Villain calls $1.25.

Is UTG+2 too early to raise with 99? I have a hard time keeping my preflop raise over 5%, so I’ve started making standard raises with 88 and up pocket pairs in UTG+2 and later seats, as well as suited connectors in mid-to-late seats in order to a least put some disguise on my standard raises with premium hands. I’m also raising in CO, Button, and SB when folded to me just about every time I have at least a marginal hand (i.e. KTo) that I would otherwise fold preflop.

Flop: ($5.25) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Villain checks, Hero checks.

Is this too weak? Should I bet and stop betting if I’m called, since only an Ax or 44 would call me as the preflop-raiser if I make a continuation bet here?

Turn: ($5.25) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $4.

Would a fold be better here? I called thinking I might be up against a lower pocket pair, but in hindsight that doesn’t make much sense. Who raises here, even for $4, if not an Ax or better? Anyone?

River: ($17.25) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $10</font>,

Hero … ?

Am I now committed enough to pay $10 to see what I’m pretty sure is an A or better?

--------

Thanks.

Albert