PDA

View Full Version : Tilter Wrangling

Redd
07-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Although this is a 6max hand (I've been seeking refuge in the much softer .5/1 6m tables lately), this forum seems appropriate.

So this one requires a bit of background. Villain in this hand is a table coach with 70VPIP/40PFR who's been getting sucked out by an 80VPIP calling station who isn't in this hand. He's been getting very vocal about how the other guy plays too many hands (heh), and he has since gone on serious tilt. He's kinda blown a gasket and has been willing to cap any two rectangular cards pf for the past orbit.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets, planning to call...</font>

Now I know he'll play anything to showdown here, and will do so quite aggressively. I took his flop check to mean he wasn't raising with a 5, 3, or 8 this particular time, so I assume I'm best enough to value-bet the turn and river with king-high. I'm almost positive he would have bet an 8 on the flop.

Would anyone do anything differently?

Bodhi
07-07-2005, 01:08 AM
I hate depending on K-high because so many will call with an Ace, but I'll wait to see what others say here.

Dave G.
07-07-2005, 01:08 AM
I might bet the flop. Is there any reason for checking? You won't get much information from checking, since he could be betting pretty much anything if he does bet when checked to. If the flop missed him, you have a good chance of having the best hand.

I think I like this hand though.

Redd
07-07-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any reason for checking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was originally going to c/c all the way down, but when he decided he wasn't going to bluff into me I changed my plans.

Redd
07-07-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate depending on K-high because so many will call with an Ace, but I'll wait to see what others say here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was my biggest concern with the hand. I'm interested in hearing what others have to say too, but let me just emphasize that this guy's PFR at this point was exactly 100%. I was thinking that an ace represented a fairly small portion of his hand range at the time.

detruncate
07-07-2005, 04:26 AM
I check/call the river and expect him to bet a wider range of beaten hands than he'd call with.

When we check, it looks like we tried to buy the hand on the turn and bailed out. Chum to an aggressive player looking to take down some pots. Especially with the rivered scare card.

Also, if I bet I have to fold to a raise -- I'm not happy paying 2 more BB to see a showdown with a medium unimproved king.

tiltaholic
07-07-2005, 09:48 AM
i'd bet the flop based on your read- (i suck at 6max though)