PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 - Am I going insane?

jediael
07-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Reads: UTG is very lag, MP3 is tight semi-aggressive

What would you have done on the turn?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero...

JihadOnTheRiver
07-07-2005, 01:11 AM
.sey

ggbman
07-07-2005, 01:25 AM
...should have folded the flop and will now fold this turn?

legend42
07-07-2005, 02:59 AM
You're almost certainly trailing both opponents.

If you think you can move them both off one pair with a check-raise (a double CR into two opponents in a raised pot on a drawless ace-high board is almost always monster material- if your image is intact) then I guess...

But while UTG will fold his KK-TT, you said MP3 was tight, so presumably his ace-kicker is strong after a pf coldcall, and you can't eliminate a set of 9s either. I really can't see anything but a fold here.

Nightwish
07-07-2005, 05:34 AM
If you're going to check-raise the flop, you need to follow up with a turn bet, which you can then safely fold to a raise. As it stands, your opponents now know that you either have a monster or some crap. Since the probability of crap is higher than than of a monster and since they cannot allow your crap to get any free cards, they will now bet again.

Michael Emery
07-07-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 is tight semi-aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding sounds way better than raising the flop then. It looks like its time to muck for sure on the turn.

Mike Emery

hockey1
07-07-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to check-raise the flop, you need to follow up with a turn bet, which you can then safely fold to a raise. As it stands, your opponents now know that you either have a monster or some crap. Since the probability of crap is higher than than of a monster and since they cannot allow your crap to get any free cards, they will now bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in this case. You've got third pair, on an A high board, against a preflop EP raiser and MP raise-caller, one of which bet the A-high flop and the other (the EP raiser) CALLED TWO COLD. My guess is hero's WAY behind to one or both. Easy turn check-fold.