PDA

View Full Version : LAKES ENTERTNMT (LACOE)

TheRonin
07-07-2005, 12:48 AM
I really dont know much about the stock market game, but from what i've always heard, you should always invest in products that you use or that you know are popular. Well w/ these guys I figured there stock would take off seeing how poker and gambling in general seems to be extremley popular nowadays. I've been watching the stock now for a few weeks but it has performed pretty poorly so far. So would it be a bad move to invest some money into the company at this point? or a good move since the stock is so low? Thanks for any advice.

BadBoyBenny
07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Do you know anything about their financials? If not I would not recommend buying. Products that you like are a great way to get investing ideas, but there is much more work to be done after that.

James Boston
07-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Approximately, for every 2 shares you buy, they generate a dollar in sales. They lost about 4 million dollars last year.

I wouldn't buy it.

Sniper
07-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Just FYI...

WPT Enterprises, Inc. (WPTE) is a majority owned subsidiary of Lakes Entertainment, Inc. (Nasdaq: LACOE).

Brunson's bid has obviously juiced both stocks today. Both stocks are currently halted in nasdaq trading, as the company evaluates the credibility of the offer.

VegasVixen
07-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Lakes Ent. owns 62% of WPT. It was up approx. 22% today.I am a LACOE shareholder, and I was thriled to read the news of Doyle's offer /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GeorgeF
07-08-2005, 05:28 PM
How is WPT worth $700 million? It seems to me they own nothing, it's not like a sports team where you own baseball in a specific city. Why can't someone with say $20 mill. use 15$ mil to boost the pot, and $5 mil for production. Poker players are all free agents, it's not like they would not show for a shot at $15 mil. It's insane.