PDA

View Full Version : How many men will Michelle Wie beat?

JTrout
07-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Michelle Wie is playing in a PGA Tour event again this week, the John Deere Classic.
It is one of the thinnest fields of the year.
156 participants.
Here is a sample of the 3 groups ahead of her, and her group:

8:21 Craig Bowden Wes Short, Jr. Hideto Tanihara
8:30 Paul Claxton Matt Davidson Paul Del Vecchio
8:39 Mathias Gronberg Mario Tiziani John Shawver
8:48 Nick Watney Scott Gutschewski Michelle Wie

She's 15. She's a phenom.
I'll set the over/under on players beat at 23.
What do you think?

eric5148
07-07-2005, 02:43 AM

Honestly, I just hope she doesn't embarass herself. If she plays really well, she can make the cut.

I might make the 3 hour drive out there tomorrow, it's a really nice course.

touchfaith
07-07-2005, 03:16 AM
I think she plays on Saturday this time. Maybe not by much, but I think she makes it.

She is playing outstanding and this is the weakest field I have seen all year.

judgesmails
07-07-2005, 04:30 AM
I think she will shoot 149 and miss the cut. She may beat 25 players at that rate.

She came close to the cut in January, but that was on a course she plays all the time and could practice on all winter to prepare. While this is not the toughest course on Tour, it does play 7100+ at a par of 71.

Even though she can hit her driver out there with many of the men, this does not necessarily translate to being able to hit long, high approach shots with spin close to the hole and make birdies.

From what I have seen of her play, she is not up to speed with the big boys in the wedge and putting game and I would be surprised to see her make the cut.

Maybe someday though.

HajiShirazu
07-07-2005, 08:31 AM
After watching Wie play at the Women's Open, if she shoots 70 or so on thursday, which could easily happen, the snowman is going to make its appearance on friday. The only way she makes it is if she shoots 74-69 or something like she did at the sony open and backs into it. I would say she doesn't have much of a chance, but the variance is huge in golf. Her overall long game isn't so bad compared to the other guys that she couldn't get lucky and make some putts to sneak in on the number.
FWIW I think sorenstam could finish in the top 125 if she played for a year. Man, have you seen her, her arms are huge now!
Contrary to what some people think, I think playing against the men and women pros will be good for her. How much do you gain winning by 10 every week against other 15 year olds that you outdrive by 60 yards? It's just like poker, nobody is going to get any better crushing the .5/1. Gotta move up in limits.
What I don't get is how there end up being golfers of this age that are so good. My high school didn't have one girl golfer that could break 90, and these were 5600 yard courses.

MoreWineII
07-07-2005, 12:34 PM
I just don't think she's as good as everybody says she is. But then again she's only 15. And she's not exactly on fire if you watchd her Sunday US Open performance.

I'd say she beats 30 or so of the men and misses the cut by a wide margin.

And hopefully stops entering men's tourneys until she improves...a lot.

M2d
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
in the clubhouse at -1. not a bad first day. currently tied for 60 with a lot of golfers on the course.

nolanfan34
07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll set the over/under on players beat at 23.
What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the over. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

First round 70. -1. Beat David Duval by 6 shots.

touchfaith
07-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Looks like she shot a great round today. I still think she plays Sat., but still, just berely. Lots of low scores being posted...I think she may be below the projected cut line by days end.

Still much work to be done, but the way she is playing...even with the largest gallery in the field that must be playing on her nerves a bit...she will get it done.

RacersEdge
07-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I think she will come close to making the cut anyway...so that means what - beating about 60-70 players? I'd have to take the over on a line of 23.

eric5148
07-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I went there today. I saw Michelle play 15, 17 and 18. The 17th is a 557 yard par 5. She hit driver 3wood to 10 feet and two putted for bird. On 18 she hit her 2nd shot into the front left bunker, then semi-chunked it. But she made the 20-footer for par.

I like going to this tournament because there aren't anywhere near as many people as most others. Even with Wie's group having by far the biggest gallery, I still had no problem finding a spot to see her shots. And no, the small crowds aren't because of the weak field. It's because the Quad cities are in the middle of frickin nowhere. For those of you not familiar with Illinois, it consists of two different types of areas: Chicago and farms.

Some other notes:

-Hank Keuhne gets the worst dressed award. Black shirt, pink pants, white hat and shoes. Bleh.

-Steve Pate looks like he's lost about 30 pounds since last year. Unfortunately, he still sucks at golf.

-Pro golfers pull in some choice cuts of poontang.

-Speaking of poontang, Michelle Wie looks a lot better in person than on TV IMO. On TV, she looks like she has a lanky, Venus Williams type body. But she's preety cute in person.

Clarkmeister
07-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Go Michelle!

MoreWineII
07-08-2005, 11:20 AM
I was shocked when I heard her score for Thursday's round. I hope my prediction is proven wrong. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've always thought she was pretty cute in a goofy sort of way.

M2d
07-08-2005, 04:21 PM
-3 through 5 so far. -4 for the tournament

JTrout
07-08-2005, 05:18 PM
-4 with 9 to play! Very impressive!
I'll take the over, too! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SuitedSixes
07-08-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go Michelle!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that when my daughter is 15 she carries herself with the same confidence as Michelle, no matter what she does.

M2d
07-08-2005, 06:35 PM
She's now on the stretch of holes that gave her trouble yesterday. hopefully she performs better than that.

offTopic
07-08-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She's now on the stretch of holes that gave her trouble yesterday. hopefully she performs better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, double-bogeyed #6. One off the number with 3 holes left.

brassnuts
07-08-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's incredibly talented, and I'm totally rooting for her. But, she's sure starting define herself as a choke artist.

Of course, she's young and I'm working with an extremely small sample size.

lastsamurai
07-08-2005, 07:44 PM
i would love her to beat me off!

SuitedSixes
07-08-2005, 07:47 PM
I very rarely applaud something I see on TV, but watching her attitude and the way she handled herself during that interview was one of those times.

nolanfan34
07-09-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's incredibly talented, and I'm totally rooting for her. But, she's sure starting define herself as a choke artist.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so ridiculous, it's hard for me to limit my comments on it.

She's 15!! The fact that she was even in the neighborhood of making the cut is absolutely incredible. TIGER had far worse showings on the PGA tour when he was an amateur. Yeah, she had a horrible round in the US Open. But good god, what she's accomplishing is absolutely incredible - maybe a once in a generation talent we're seeing here.

I wasn't quite a believer before, when she said she wants to play with the men on tour and play in the Masters. But good god, is it really that unfeasible that she can't win something like the Public Links in the next few years? Hell, I can't count that out anymore.

Last note - even though the scoring was low today - it's still a 7100 yard course! The ladies US Open was quite a bit shorter than that.

eric5148
07-09-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But, she's sure starting define herself as a choke artist.

[/ QUOTE ]

You either:

1. Don't know anything about golf.

or

2. Are a complete moran.

judgesmails
07-09-2005, 05:32 AM
I agree with your sentiment(s) about her performance this week, but I can't help but wonder if we are not seeing her at or near her peak right now.

She has probably matured physically already and I dare suggest that further mental maturity and experience can only do harm to her confidence if she continues to compete against professional adults - especially men.

She played against the weakest field of the year and played her best golf and could not be a legitimate, competitive threat. She did much better than I expected, but I doubt she can improve enough in her career to compete on the PGA Tour.

Of course I am wrong about most everything, so take my projection for what it is worth.

touchfaith
07-09-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your sentiment(s) about her performance this week, but I can't help but wonder if we are not seeing her at or near her peak right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke right? The only thing you are at or near your peak at when you are 15, is being 14.

holeplug
07-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I think some of you guys are reading alittle too much into 1 golf tournament.

She will probably be twice as good as she is now in like 5-7 years. She is 15 for goodness sakes and already has almost won a LPGA major.

nolanfan34
07-09-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She played against the weakest field of the year and played her best golf and could not be a legitimate, competitive threat. She did much better than I expected, but I doubt she can improve enough in her career to compete on the PGA Tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying, but I disagree. If anything, getting so close to the cut line again - and beating nearly half of the field - is only going to motivate her further. I think there's no question that she hasn't reached her potential yet. So much of golf is not only the swing, but course management, experience playing different shots in different situations, etc. She has a ways to go in that department, but it's something she'll get better at for sure, IMO.

As a golf fan, I'm excited about the next few years.

SuitedSixes
07-09-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think some of you guys are reading alittle too much into 1 golf tournament.

She will probably be twice as good as she is now in like 5-7 years. She is 15 for goodness sakes and already has almost won a LPGA major.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. When I first heard of her she was saying how she was going to play on the PGA Tour, and she was 12 or 13. I thought, "How cute. It's nice that she has such lofty goals." There was no way I thought that she would ever come close to even playing in one, much less being competitive (and yes, missing the cut by two strokes is being competitive).

She is only going to get better. She is only going to get tougher mentally. It will be interesting to see what happens with her career in terms of PGA vs. LPGA. Annika has everything but the length to compete week in and week out on the PGA Tour, but MIchelle already has that figured out.

She truly is a phenom. Show me a 15 year old boy who has been close to making a cut.

eric5148
07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I can't help but wonder if we are not seeing her at or near her peak right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize we're talking about golf here, not gymnastics, right?

Can you name one pro golfer that was at their peak at 15? Or even 20? I don't think so. Golfers usually hit their peaks in the late 20s to late 30s. Why would Michelle be any different just because she's so good for her age now?

Voltron87
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
just a comment, people greatly over extrapolate young athletes' eventual progression. world junior champs burnout more than almost anyone here realizes. by the time wie is 20 theres a good chance shell never want to play golf again, but will go through the motions for the money and putter out. not saying i know it will happen, but i would not be surprised.

just because someone freakin pwns when they are 14-15 does not mean they will always continue to improve or will adjust to the world stage.

eric5148
07-09-2005, 11:09 PM
I guess there have been a few examples of that, yes. But if you listen to her in an interview she is pretty smart and has a good idea of what it takes to compete professionally. She's not Ty Tryon.

BadBoyBenny
07-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Didn't Tiger miss his first 8 cuts on tour? Michelle has missed her first four.

Haven't read the other posts so someone else may have brought this up. From the US Open and the John Deere, it seemed like her biggest issue is 2-8 foot pressure putts.

eric5148
07-09-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the US Open and the John Deere, it seemed like her biggest issue is 2-8 foot pressure putts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, shortish putts have always been her biggest weakness.

HDPM
07-09-2005, 11:59 PM
missing the cut by 2 is not competitive. The only way to tell if she is competitive is over the long run. She is competitive on the LPGA Tour, but has not won. She has not yet made a cut on the pGA Tour or the Nationwide Tour. She shows some promise. But if she wants to compete with the men, all she has to do is take her 7 exemptions when she's 18 and play her way on. Or spend 4K of Nike money and go to Q school. Then keep a card. Last place checks won't do it. If she can be a career Nationwide Tour player that would be competitive. Maybe she will be competitive, but I don't think she can be considered competitive in mens events yet.

M2d
07-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Now it looks like she's made it through stroke play at the men's publinx and will be in the round of 64. publinx scoreboard (http://www.usapl.org/scoring/stroke.html)

David04
07-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Michelle Wie=total bitch.

touchfaith
07-13-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get out much huh?

Clarkmeister
07-13-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
missing the cut by 2 is not competitive. The only way to tell if she is competitive is over the long run. She is competitive on the LPGA Tour, but has not won. She has not yet made a cut on the pGA Tour or the Nationwide Tour. She shows some promise. But if she wants to compete with the men, all she has to do is take her 7 exemptions when she's 18 and play her way on. Or spend 4K of Nike money and go to Q school. Then keep a card. Last place checks won't do it. If she can be a career Nationwide Tour player that would be competitive. Maybe she will be competitive, but I don't think she can be considered competitive in mens events yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point is that missing the cut by 2 in the Deere and just 1 in the Sony is competitive for a 15 year old girl , let alone any random player in only their 2nd and 3rd PGA attempts. It's simply awe-inspiring.

touchfaith
07-13-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... for a 15 year old girl ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazingly enough, few have been able to properly grasp this point.

15 people.... 15

What where you doing at 15? She is exceptional.

Geez. I can't figure out if it's because she's a girl, or because of her age, but some just don't seem willing to get her the credit she deserves.

David04
07-13-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get out much huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Care to elaborate? Are you saying she isn't a bitch?

touchfaith
07-13-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get out much huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my elaboration....

You're a troll.

M2d
07-13-2005, 04:06 AM
do you know her? why do you say she's a bitch?

HDPM
07-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Here's why I am somewhat negative - or at least reserved - about Wie. I was amazed when I first saw her and saw what she was doing. However, I see some problems with how she is going about things. Many of my problems are with the hangers-on. Dad, Nike, etc.... I am waiting to see what she does. So far she has looked very good for a 15 year old girl in LPGA events. She has no business in mens pro events IMO which I posted about. Mens Publinks, she qualified fair and square. I am also negative about her long term prospects competing with the men because in 10 years she will have to beat Tiger plus the current 15 year old boys. Somewhere there is a 15 year old physically immature boy who Michelle can beat now but not in 10 years. So I do have great respect for Michelle's talent, but I think that the way she is going about things now might fail to bring out the best in her talent. I hope she succeeds and I hope I am wrong. But I am right that she has no business on the mens tour as a 15 year old girl, unless she qualifies for the event.

SuitedSixes
07-13-2005, 03:06 PM
She's all square with two holes to play in her first round match. Linky (http://www.usapl.org/scoring/MatchCard_23.html)

eric5148
07-13-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're the one who needs to elaborate.

M2d
07-13-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She's all square with two holes to play in her first round match. Linky

[/ QUOTE ]
both made 5's on 17. AS on 18 (the river?)

M2d
07-13-2005, 03:46 PM
she wins her first match 1 up with a birdie on 18 to her opponent's par

SuitedSixes
07-13-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is huge for her confidence to get those "can't close out" thoughts out of her head.

I don't think she will win this tournament, but can you imagine if she does and becomes eligible for The Masters?

offTopic
07-13-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hi, my name is Will Claxton, and I just became the answer to a trivia question."

wayabvpar
07-13-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hi, my name is Will Claxton, and I just became the answer to a trivia question."

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. That poor bastard. At least he got to spend 18 holes leering at her /images/graemlins/blush.gif

M2d
07-13-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The World: dude, you just got beaten by a girl
WC: but she's 6'2"
The World: Dude, you just got beaten by a girl
WC: But she hits her driver 300 yards straight
The World: Dude, you just got beaten by a girl
WC: but she's one of the top female golfers, regardless of age or tour status
The World: Dude, you just got beaten by a girl...

La Brujita
07-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Also, goodbye Danny Green. Don't let the door hit you...

RacersEdge
07-13-2005, 06:42 PM
It's really not fair to this guy. I'm sure he felt a lot more pressue than any of the other players in a tight match.

M2d
07-13-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's really not fair to this guy. I'm sure he felt a lot more pressue than any of the other players in a tight match.

[/ QUOTE ]
this forum is an extension of OOT, and THERE'S NO CRYING IN OOT!!

kidding. she'd kick my butt up and down the course and have me at dormie 9.

and so would he, for that matter

Clarkmeister
07-13-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I am right that she has no business on the mens tour as a 15 year old girl, unless she qualifies for the event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Unless you are against sponsor exemptions under any circumstances, it's tough to argue against her presense. Especially since she's far from embarassing herself. She's got as much right to play, maybe more, than Nicklaus in this year's British.

David04
07-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Alright, here's the story. My friend and I were caddies at the Publinx(actually, he caddied, there were too many caddies and I was not one of the chosen few)

We ate breakfast with Michelle Wie, and we saw her stick her hand in some little girl's face(you know "talk to the hand") when she tried to talk to her(the girl was like 8)

She was also a completely arrogant snob when at breakfast.

HDPM
07-14-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I am right that she has no business on the mens tour as a 15 year old girl, unless she qualifies for the event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Unless you are against sponsor exemptions under any circumstances, it's tough to argue against her presense. Especially since she's far from embarassing herself. She's got as much right to play, maybe more, than Nicklaus in this year's British.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not against sponsors exemptions in all circumstances, but am against her getting constant sponsors exemptions. When she got one in her home town it was OK. If she had won on the LPGA Tour it might be OK for her to get one at the Sony. I think she should qualify though. I mean, how can you argue with her when she qualifies. Like this week, she has said the detractors are full of it because she qualified. She is right, and that is why even she knows the sponsors exemptions are bogus. She can't admit it because she will get more money the minute she turns pro. This is a BJ-Nike-IMG thing I bet. Don't know for sure, but it is just gross to see the tournamnets use a 15 year old for their profit and see a 15 year old amateur use them for future profit.

She has no right to play compared to Nicklaus, and I am not big on Nicklaus playing while he obviously can't compete. Jack is exempt for life on the PGA Tour because of his accomplishments. He earned them under the rules at the time, and even now with the changes that take away the lifetime exemption for US Open and PGA wins Jack would have a lifetime exemption. He is exempt this year because Open Champions enjoy an exemption until 65. Change the rule, fine, but Jack earned his exemption. He beat Palmer, Player, Casper, Trevino, Watson, etc... on many occasions. 70 wins, 18 pro majors, etc... Michelle has not won the US Girls junior.

As I posted last winter, I would really like to see Michelle win a tournament this summer. LPGA tourn, Women's Amateur, etc.... But a win would be nice. Not a nice showing for a 15 year old. Not a commercially driven escapade to see her hit the ball against players she can't beat. A win.

Clarkmeister
07-14-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
am not against sponsors exemptions in all circumstances, but am against her getting constant sponsors exemptions

[/ QUOTE ]

3 exemptions in two years isn't exactly constant exemptions.

I just think you are being very inconsistent on this issue. If the sponsors want to put her in so their event makes more money, more power to them. Demanding "a win" when it's her 3rd ever PGA event is silly. A win on the LPGA does no more to validate her for an exemption than anything else IMO. I just don't get how it's a big deal that they give her one when she clearly is competing and obviously *will* make not just one cut but multiple cuts as she gains experience. The fact that she is an amateur makes it even more OK to get the exemptions. If she was a pro, I'd think your argument had more merit (though I'd still disagree).

I just don't see how the exemptions are ok sometimes and not ok others, based on some arbitrary sliding scale. Either everyone has to earn their way in, or they don't - and the sponsors can invite anyone they want. I think you are letting the hype sour you on the whole thing instead of just enjoying the show she is putting on. What she is doing is incredible - cut or no (yet).

MoreWineII
07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
I've heard lots of reports of her being a snob. I don't care, she's fun to watch and I'd hit it when she turns 18.

And remember, she's only 15. Show me any popular 15 year old girl who isn't snobby.

HDPM
07-14-2005, 11:31 AM
She took an exemption on the nationwide tour last year and I think is taking another this year. I think it is important for her development as a player that she wins. She can't win on the PGA Tour. She needs to go win some tournaments. She has not won the girls junior or womens amateur (yet). She has the ability now to win on the LPGA Tour, and as I've said it doesn't bother me that she plays out there now, even though she has not won. But she needs to win something IMO. SHe is learning to put on a show and lose. She needs to learn to win to maximize her ability. Maybe she has so much ability it doesn't matter. maybe she will learn anyway. We'll see. And yes, the hype sours me. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HDPM
07-14-2005, 11:35 AM
looks like she's 5 up at the turn in her 2d round match today. LOL.

Winning this tournament wouuld be huge. But yeah, she needs to win. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

touchfaith
07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks like she's 5 up at the turn in her 2d round match today. LOL.

Winning this tournament wouuld be huge. But yeah, she needs to win. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly 'wowd' by this. She's been a bit shaky this week it seems and I wasn't expecting a 5up through 13 this morning...

As far as her attidude, not knowing the facts, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, especially till shes older. She certainly doesn't whine like Pressel and that's good enough for me.

Afterall, she is only 15 and will most likely never need to 'work' a day of her life.

Plus, being a father, I would have to say that her attidude would be more a reflection of her parents then herself and only time will tell her true character.

touchfaith
07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I wasn't expecting a 5up through 13 this morning...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops, that was 5 up thru 12.

...was...

It's in the books at 6and5

Nice work!

M2d
07-14-2005, 12:37 PM
so she's won 6 and 5 and beaten a ten seed and a 23 seed. Next up is a match this afternoon against Tyler Neil, the 58 seed.

mmbt0ne
07-14-2005, 04:33 PM
She's up 2 through 15 holes. Unless she collapses, it looks like she'll be moving into the round of 8.

Wow.

M2d
07-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Now she's dormie 16.

justin D
07-14-2005, 04:49 PM
She wins 3 and 1

MoreWineII
07-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Pretty impressive.

M2d
07-14-2005, 05:47 PM
and, in the battle of big pooches, Wie takes on the 63 seed (out of 64) tomorrow in the quarterfinals. You gotta love match play.

SuitedSixes
07-14-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She took an exemption on the nationwide tour last year and I think is taking another this year. I think it is important for her development as a player that she wins. She can't win on the PGA Tour. She needs to go win some tournaments. She has not won the girls junior or womens amateur (yet). She has the ability now to win on the LPGA Tour, and as I've said it doesn't bother me that she plays out there now, even though she has not won. But she needs to win something IMO. SHe is learning to put on a show and lose. She needs to learn to win to maximize her ability. Maybe she has so much ability it doesn't matter. maybe she will learn anyway. We'll see. And yes, the hype sours me. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are clueless about professional golf. How many players do you think go their entire professional career without ever winning a tournament?

Also, sponsor's exeptions are just that . . . for the sponsor, so that they can sell extra tickets or get extra TV coverage. I am so sick of this, "she's taking a spot from someone who deserves to be there," argument. No she's not, she's taking a spot from a local guy who is a pretty good golfer, or a has-been from the area.

justin D
07-14-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She needs to go win some tournaments. She has not won the girls junior or womens amateur (yet).

[/ QUOTE ]

She won the womens public links when she was 13.

Bill Murphy
07-15-2005, 12:44 AM
Go, Wiesy!

SuitedSixes
07-15-2005, 11:15 AM
You were great in Caddyshack and Ghostbusters.

M2d
07-15-2005, 11:25 AM
she's gone 5 and 4 in the round of 8. nice run, though.

HDPM
07-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Re: Suited Sixes:

I think you are clueless as to the difference between a major talent- a best in history type talent - and a Rex Caldwell, David Ogrin, Mike Donald type player.

HDPM
07-15-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She needs to go win some tournaments. She has not won the girls junior or womens amateur (yet).

[/ QUOTE ]

She won the womens public links when she was 13.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know. That was a good win. She played pretty bad in the girls junior after that tho. Has not won the girls junior or a womens amateur (yet). You expect a huge talent to win one of those. Not give exhibitions in Boise.

eric5148
07-15-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You expect a huge talent to win one of those. Not give exhibitions in Boise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. I would expect a huge talent to play with the best competition as possible as often as possible. You don't learn anything by playing match play against 2 handicappers.

touchfaith
08-07-2005, 07:14 PM
FWIW, Michelle will be on Lettermen tomorrow (8/8) night.