PDA

View Full Version : Nate to Portland?

kerssens
07-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Why Nate?? Why??

ThaSaltCracka
07-06-2005, 11:45 PM
more money, 6 mill a year is absurd for a coach that only took a team to the playoffs twice.

ThaSaltCracka
07-06-2005, 11:46 PM
[censored]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST REALIZED THIS GIVES ME A LEGIT REASON TO ROOT FOR PORTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

[censored]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kerssens
07-06-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha....next thing you know, you'll have a reason to like Utah.

ThaSaltCracka
07-06-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha....next thing you know, you'll have a reason to like Utah.

[/ QUOTE ]Never

ThaSaltCracka
07-06-2005, 11:58 PM
I still can't believe this. That amount of money is absurd.

kerssens
07-06-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still can't believe this. That amount of money is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been in Seattle for 20 years too.

UOPokerPlayer
07-07-2005, 12:17 AM
he's gonna deck Darius Miles before the season is over.

holeplug
07-07-2005, 12:18 AM
3rd highest paid coach in the league now. So overpaid though.

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 12:30 AM
very overpaid. I don't think the blazers will be very good next year. Young players and a new coach. New plays, new systems, new rules. But maybe the change will be good for them. Nate is a good coach, but not a 6 mill a year coach.

UOPokerPlayer
07-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Allen doesn't care how much he spends, the guy blows his nose with c-notes. They wanted McMillan and got him. Our management had a good draft, but if they let stoudamire and to a greater extent abdur-rahim go and get nothing in reture, they should all be fired and burned at the stake. it all depends on randolph, but we'll have cap money regardless for 2006

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 12:44 AM
don't count on Randolph. He is done, and every player that has had the same injury as him (Jamal Mashburn and a few others) haven't returned to their original form.

IndieMatty
07-07-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he's gonna deck Darius Miles before the season is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

ripdog
07-07-2005, 02:08 AM
Nate is my all time favorite Sonic, but his jumping to Portland taints that quite badly. Still, I wish him the best of luck. He'll be worth the money, I think. If he can keep his players off the crack pipe, that is. Portland. I can't believe he's going to that loser city to coach.

nolanfan34
07-07-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nate is my all time favorite Sonic, but his jumping to Portland taints that quite badly. Still, I wish him the best of luck. He'll be worth the money, I think. If he can keep his players off the crack pipe, that is. Portland. I can't believe he's going to that loser city to coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums up my feelings. I know it's a big pay boost....just hard to imagine you can throw out your career as a long-time Sonic TO GO TO PORTLAND. Any other team, and I could swallow it. But man, show some Sonic pride, Nate!

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 11:00 AM
worth the money? he is now the 3rd highest paid coach, I don't know if he is worth it.

MoreWineII
07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I was rooting for Iavaroni. I think he's going to be a fantastic head coach someday. And he's a much better fit for this team. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

MoreWineII
07-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Ew, that's an ugly attitude. I realize you must be from Seattle, but Portland isn't that bad a city.

MoreWineII
07-07-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't count on Randolph. He is done, and every player that has had the same injury as him (Jamal Mashburn and a few others) haven't returned to their original form.

[/ QUOTE ]

That and he's dumb as a post. He can't carry a team and he shouldn't have been paid like he could. At least it appears that we're on the verge of trying to clean up some of these mistakes. I understand letting Damon walk, I don't think anybody is really hot after him. But we should get something for Rahim. And for Van Exel's contract.

This team still has a looong way to go, I doubt it'll make the playoffs for at least three more years (unless management does something drastic of course)

But I like the direction it's headed much more than I did two years ago.

ripdog
07-07-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ew, that's an ugly attitude. I realize you must be from Seattle, but Portland isn't that bad a city.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not totally serious with the loser thing--my house being made of glass and all that, but I'll have a tougher time pulling for Mcmillan now that he's in Portland. I really can't stand the Blazers. I didn't expect that he would stay in Seattle considering how he was mistreated here. The Sonics are a low class organization, Portland took a huge step towards redemption with this hire. He will take the Blazers to the playoffs this season.

MoreWineII
07-07-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He will take the Blazers to the playoffs this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think? I think that's really optimistic. Our roster is still in disarray. I loved the draft though, two character guys who (I think) have underrated skills.

And I'm a big Telfair fan too, I think he's much more intelligent than people give him credit for.

Then there's Outlaw who I always seem to forget about. He went for 32 pts in the most recent summer league game... as if that means anything. But it looks like he may be a player after all.

I'm excited for the future, but I still think we're 2-3 years away from contending, especially in the West.

Then again who knows what this franchise is gonna do, they love wheeling and dealing.

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] no he won't.

ripdog
07-07-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] no he won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You giving odds?

wayabvpar
07-07-2005, 05:20 PM
I would like to go on record as saying that Wally Walker is a douchebag. I have hated him ever since he was bumbling his way through broadcasts as the color analyst. Little did I know that the team was much better off having him there.

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I will give you 3:1 and bet $5.

This bet is a slam dunk.

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 06:09 PM
seriously, how do you really feel?

MoreWineII
07-07-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This bet is a slam dunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take some of that too. Although a more creative wager would be more fun.

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 08:39 PM
like what?

MoreWineII
07-07-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm on your side of the bet. But I'd do an avatar wager of some sort or post embarrassing pics if I lost the bet.

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 08:47 PM
fine, avatar wager it is, you up for that ripdog?

ripdog
07-08-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This bet is a slam dunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done!

ripdog
07-08-2005, 12:54 AM
I'll stick with cash.

ThaSaltCracka
07-08-2005, 01:01 AM
fine with me.

this is now in my favorites

college_boy
07-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah dude and there's no way Steve Nash can be an MVP.

ThaSaltCracka
07-08-2005, 10:55 AM
he wasn't one.

SomethingClever
07-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I too am puzzled by this move.

Nate is "Mr. Sonic," isn't he? I think he's a good guy and a good coach, but even as a Portland "fan," I don't think this is a good move.

It'd be like Jordan coaching the Pistons.

Also, why would he leave a fun team that has potential... for the bloated, rotting corpse the Blazers have become?

ThaSaltCracka
07-08-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, why would he leave a fun team that has potential... for the bloated, rotting corpse the Blazers have become?

[/ QUOTE ]

6 million per

SomethingClever
07-08-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6 million per

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I'm sure he's already rich and well paid. Why not stick with the job that is guaranteed going to be easier and more fun?

ripdog
07-08-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6 million per

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I'm sure he's already rich and well paid. Why not stick with the job that is guaranteed going to be easier and more fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Sonic management treated him like he was a piece of garbage. What he achieved in Seattle this season was in spite of, not because of upper management. And yes, Wally Walker is a douchebag.

kerssens
07-08-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6 million per

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read or heard somewhere that he was pissed that they never approached him about a contract extension until during this past season. My question is, why did he deserve a contract extension before this season? He led an average team to an average record prior to this past season. I guess when he was a player they never let his contract expire and always extended him so he wanted that as a coach as well.

B Dids
07-10-2005, 12:05 PM
I would have been happy about this if Casey hadn't left.

I have an unfounded theory that it's basicaly Weiss, that guy who's name I can spell, and Casey running the show, and that Nate's just the popular figurehead.

I'd like to see us give the job go Weiss, jus to preserve some continuity, ut really I'll take anybody but Doug Collins.