PDA

View Full Version : PP NL100 & NL100 (6max)

Maulik
07-06-2005, 10:41 PM
there seems to be an abundance of the 6max tables over the 10 handed tables. am I the only to notice?

if this is the case is it far more difficult to 4 table the 6max tables then it is to do so with the 10 handed tables?

Snag
07-06-2005, 10:48 PM
If you have a big enough computer monitor, and a paltry amount of focus - it's really no trouble at all.

TheWorstPlayer
07-06-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there seems to be an abundance of the 6max tables over the 10 handed tables. am I the only to notice?

if this is the case is it far more difficult to 4 table the 6max tables then it is to do so with the 10 handed tables?

[/ QUOTE ]
I 4 table NL100 6m on my 14" laptop screen with 85% overlap. No problem.

edge
07-06-2005, 11:43 PM
I find it easier to play 6-max, since there are half as many players to track.

TheWorstPlayer
07-06-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find it easier to play 6-max, since there are half as many players to track.

[/ QUOTE ]
and you see them playing many more hands.

Maulik
07-07-2005, 01:04 AM
these are all valid points, I'm having a hard time adjusting to making bets with middle pair and then trying to determine if they are bluffing or if they've made a hand.

certainly a beatable game, it also seems like since you aren't playing for the nuts it would be easier to get paid off by the players.

edge
07-07-2005, 03:50 AM
Although I haven't played much full ring in quite a while, 6-max really plays very similarly. There are some differences preflop, but after the flop, hand values are pretty much the same as in a full game.

Maulik
07-07-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Although I haven't played much full ring in quite a while, 6-max really plays very similarly. There are some differences preflop, but after the flop, hand values are pretty much the same as in a full game.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please explain a little further?

TheWorstPlayer
07-07-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? I haven't played full ring in a while, either, but as I recall there are tons more heads up situations in 6m and therefore you must often be willing to put bets in with just one pair, whereas at full ring it is much more often 3 or 4 to the flop where one pair simply won't get the job done. No? I thought the whole point of switching to 6m for development purposes was that the hand values are more marginal and therefore you can't just nut peddle and must actually learn to play poker instead.

Go_Blue88
07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
quote] I thought the whole point of switching to 6m for development purposes was that the hand values are more marginal and therefore you can't just nut peddle and must actually learn to play poker instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i find it hard to play more than three tables 6 max...i prefer to play two b/c everything is so read dependent. when i play more than two i find myself tightening up. but that's just me...lotsa people multi 6 max tables.