PDA

View Full Version : Interesting bubble hand... TT in the SB facing push from button.

octaveshift
07-06-2005, 10:38 PM
$22. Villain has been one of the very few genuine TAG players I have seen at this level. (A lot of people claim to be TAG, but they aren't.) That said, this is the bubble and he *could* be shifting gears:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1260)
UTG (t1400)
Button (t1975)
Hero (t3365)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Button pushes...

Hero?

Taraz
07-07-2005, 05:53 AM
Initially I was thinking that I would definitely call; even if you lose you have ~1300 chips. But now I'm leaning toward folding if it's anywhere near a normal SNG. You can run over the table fairly easily with that big of a stack. This is especially true when the BB is t150 because lots of $22 players figure they have time to wait.

2callzU
07-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Seems like a pretty good move on Button's part. The blinds seem a little too low and his chipstack a little too big to make this move +EV. It almost seems as though this is not a blatant steal, so much as he has a somewhat decent hand (maybe AJ, or 88) that he really doesn't wanna see a flop with. Was this an immidiate push? I think you have the best hand in this situation and I think you might be right about him switching gears. I say call and if you lose...you'll be fine anyways. Peace.

The Yugoslavian
07-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Is he pushing more than 55 or AT here? Is there much chance he's pushing less?

I think this is a pretty close call frankly and during a game I'd call or fold based on just how button has been playing (some villians will already have shown they are very aggro from that position by this point in the tourny).

FWIW I think it's an easy call with JJ and an easy fold with 99.

Yugoslav

Double Down
07-07-2005, 08:56 AM
with an all in push by him right here, it seems like he has a good but vulnerable hand that he doesn't want you to call with. he could very well have ace rag or smaller pp, making you a huge fave. he probably would not do the same thing if he were to have ak, aq, kk, or aa. with jj, qq, and maybe kq/kj as your only concerns, there are a lot more hands that he would do this with that you are not only the favorite, but you dominate. I'd call. if u lose you're still in it and if you win you will have a huge stack

Nicholasp27
07-07-2005, 10:06 AM
i don't have eastbay's program, but icm calculator says you have $34.01 equity

if u win the hand, u'll have $43
if u lose the hand, u'll have $21.94

so u gain 8.99 or lose 12.07

i'm not convinced button has a hand that dominated by 1010 to push before big stack when he is in good shape for itm...so i'm not convinced you have odds to make up the difference in losing 12.07 vs gaining 8.99...especially since he's a TAG

and u don't get extra FE or bullying rights at 5400 than at 3300 really

someone with eastbay's may be able to plug it in to get the actual EV

octaveshift
07-07-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
someone with eastbay's may be able to plug it in to get the actual EV

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is pushing 77+, A9+: "It's close enough that folding and calling are both reasonable plays."

If villain is pushing 22+, A2+, KQ, KJs: $EV Diff. +2%/+$4.01

Basically it's a question of hand ranges. During the tournament, villain showed down the following hands: AA, AQ, KQs, TT.

I think this makes it a pretty easy fold, but I think it's close. I don't need the pot, and working the bubble with t200 blinds and the short stack is a tricky scenario at best.

tminus
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
i was watchng and he paused for 4-8 seconds before pushing this which i dont expect a player like that to do with AA - 99

arod15
07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
I would fold there as i have a huge chip lead and will wait to bully other people around. Normally though i would call if the player wasnt a TAG like you said.

Bluff Daddy
07-07-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i was watchng and he paused for 4-8 seconds before pushing this which i dont expect a player like that to do with AA - 99

[/ QUOTE ]

if he had aa-99 would it have been more like 2.7 seconds?

tminus
07-07-2005, 11:21 AM
any decent player that ive watched doesnt think at all about pushing a hand like 99 on bubble

octaveshift
07-07-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW I think it's an easy call with JJ and an easy fold with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I actually just dropped JJ into SGA, and it confirms this.

WOOOHOOO! TEAM AWESOME IS IN THA HOUSE!!!!111

/images/graemlins/grin.gif