PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker Tournament Glitch--I Need Confirmation

Timer
07-06-2005, 10:22 PM
A friend of mine is playing in a tournament, and I just brought it up to see how he is doing. As soon as I clicked on the tournament everything froze up. The mouse tries to move, but ever so slowly. Then it eventually unfreezes. I find the game he's in and bring that up, and again the software freezes up. I'd say the average time of the freeze up is about 30 seconds--then--voila! After it does "it's thing" It unfreezes.

This doesn't happen all the time, but enough of the time to be extremely annoying . It also happens when I'm playing in a tournament, and then I'm moved to another table. I'll see myself sitting there, but I can't do anything until the software unfreezes. If I happen to be playing in some other games, they are also at the mercy of the freeze up. This is not a recent development. It's been happening for a long time.

I only play tournaments on Party, and occasionally on Empire, but Party seems to be the main culprit.

I recently upgraded my computer, and yesterday I installed DSL. So I'm 95% sure it's not my PC and 99% sure it's not my connection, but I could easily be wrong. I reinstalled Party as well.

I've mentioned this to Party before, but as far as they are concerned everything is perfect.

What I'm looking for is confirmation. Before I write a long letter to Party (which probably won't do much good anyway) I want to make sure I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

Does it happen to anybody else? Is this an isolated incident? If it's happened (or is happening) to you let me know. It seems to only happen in the tournament lobbies and on tournament tables as far as I can tell.

If it's just happening to me, then fine, I'll chalk it up to problem on my end. If it's happening to a lot of other people, then I'll try to rattle Party's cage and see if they can work on getting it fixed.

Let me know if you've had this sort of problem--or not.

Thanks.

Torr
07-06-2005, 10:26 PM
yes it happens to me every time and it is extremely annoying.

cball86
07-06-2005, 10:51 PM
happens to me too. im running an athlon 3800+ with 1gb of ram and a a radeon x800xl video card. its not my machine and im on dsl so i dont think the connection is to blame either.

smb394
07-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Happens here too. 1.8GHz Pentium M, 768MB DDR...and on any other machine I've been on.

Timer
07-07-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
happens to me too. im running an athlon 3800+ with 1gb of ram and a a radeon x800xl video card. its not my machine and im on dsl so i dont think the connection is to blame either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to those who responded. I'm giving this thread one bump, because I think it would be helpful to get as many responders as possible. I'm planning on sending this thread to Party to see if we can get the situation resolved.

So again, anyone who has this problem please respond. Party Poker needs to know this is not an isolated incident.

[By the way, when I talked to Party about this a month or so ago, they told me that their software is perfect and that if I clear my cache everything should be fine. The only way they are going to get with the program is for someone to start a fire right where they are sitting. They are in complete denial about their software glitches, and need to be shown proof about the errors of their ways.]

Thank you.

AngusThermopyle
07-07-2005, 01:39 PM
The only time I have something like this happen during a tourney at Party is when there is
1) a huge field
2) I have the Tournament page [one with the stats, placings, etc] open

If I do not have the Tournament page open, the problem does not seem to occur.

Keres
07-07-2005, 02:01 PM
In an MTT qualifier, window froze on me the other night. 40 people left (top 14 get a $215 seat), I had a stack around par. Got aces, limped, got raised and I waited for the action to get back to me. And waited. And waited. When my window unfroze my aces had been folded and I'd missed an additional hand. At the same time, the two limit tables I was at worked fine.

It was only a $9+1 MTT. Still rather frustrating to get Aces folded preflop at that point in the tourney, even if the dollar amount of the MTT was small.