PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 hand flopped set in sb

El Tigre
07-06-2005, 07:47 PM
This is one of my first posts. I probably could have played this better and i would like some input from some more expirienced players.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 :#A500AF(Villain 2)/ calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB :#A500AF(Villain 1)/ checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villain 1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, Villain 1 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villain 1 checks, Villain 2 checks.

River: (3.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain 1 calls, Villain 2 folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac 8c (full house, eights full of threes).
Villain 1 has 6d 4s (two pair, eights and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 5.50 BB. </font>

i was planning to check raise the turn because i put the bettor on the flop on a two pair like 9's and eights. i probably should have just raised the flop. what do u think?

Hojglad
07-06-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was planning to check raise the turn because i put the bettor on the flop on a two pair like 9's and eights. i probably should have just raised the flop. what do u think?

[/ QUOTE ]
How can you put the bettor on ANYTHING? No one raised preflop. You have all the cards worth having. Bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river.

ThisHo
07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I agree!

I find that c/r on a street with paired board scares more villains off than just betting out. Seems that the thought is "he'd slowplay trips, I call" - especially if villain has made a pair.

Bet out on flop
bet out on turn
bet on river.

hope that someone gets frisky and raises.

welcome to the boards!
ThisHo

El Tigre
07-06-2005, 07:59 PM
I didn't think the bettor on the flop had an 8 because most 3/6 limit players wait for the turn to bet, hoping someone catches. I didnt think he would be on a complete bluff either with 2 others on the flop. I figured 2 pair or 2 big cards like AJ was most likely in this spot. Obviously i was wrong this time, but I'm just explaining my reasoning.

TiltsMcFabulous
07-06-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree!

I find that c/r on a street with paired board scares more villains off than just betting out. Seems that the thought is "he'd slowplay trips, I call" - especially if villain has made a pair.

Bet out on flop
bet out on turn
bet on river.

hope that someone gets frisky and raises.

welcome to the boards!
ThisHo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is correct. Bet out and hope for action.

~ Tilts