PDA

View Full Version : question with harrington's books

sinfulslick18
07-06-2005, 07:40 PM
is it mandatory to read volume one before volume two. or can i can i read volume two and still understand. Friend lent me volume two and i have never read volume one. Does harrington make references back or is it just different? Or do u suggest i read volume one first

-sinful

Hold'me
07-06-2005, 07:50 PM
HOH Volume 1 is strategy for early/middle no-limit tournaments, HOH Volume 2 is primarily the later stages. I would recommend reading them in order.

trdi
07-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I suggest you read Volume 1, too. Mostly because more than half of the book is "Betting on the flop", "Betting after the flop" and another part "Betting on turn and river." Nice example hands. Don't think that those books are just the same book but wrote twice for higher profit as it is many times. They actually talk about different stuff. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sinfulslick18
07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
would u say his NL books are worth it for the nl game.. As ed millers book is worth it for the limit knowledge?

-sinful

Hold'me
07-06-2005, 11:13 PM
The first volume's advice can be applied to NL ring games.

The Nutz85
07-07-2005, 02:52 AM
Definetly read them in order. It took me about a week to read both. Now im going through and marking main ideas. I would recomend strongly reading the first one it definetly opens up nicely for the second one to be a fun read.

JohnG
07-08-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is it mandatory to read volume one before volume two. or can i can i read volume two and still understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The order you read them in will not matter unless you are a rank beginner. Volume 1 deals with relatively deep money play. Volume 2 deals with shallower money play, apart from chapter 1 which is really an extension fo volume 1.