PDA

View Full Version : Straight on a 3 flush board

closer2313
07-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Table was fairly loose and not very aggressive.

I haven't played with either of the villians.

On the turn I have the nut straight, but it puts 3 to a flush on board. It also puts 4 to the straight on the board. I figure I should bet out in this spot. If its raised behind me, or 3 bet behind me, what should I do? The raise could easily mean a bare 9, but a 3 bet could mean a flush.

Probably read dependent on who is raising, but whats my general line here?

Thanks

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ????

DeuceKicker
07-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I think you want to put a bet in on the turn, and you can't be sure UTG (or anyone) will do it, so bet out. If raised, I'd go turtle and call down.

nomadtla
07-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I think UTG's bet indicates something like A8 more than a 9.
I bet here cause there's a good chance you have the best of it and you (deffinately) don't wanna give a lone /images/graemlins/club.gif a free card. Which might actually help you if UTG does raise behind you (forcing the feild to call 2). Bet this if raised go into WA/WB (calldown mode), and if 3 bet by someone behind UTG let it go.

TomBrooks
07-06-2005, 07:40 PM
BET and call up to two cold. Fold to a cap. Do not reraise any raises. This is only the turn. Can't give a free card to a single club holder, and we want to collect as many bets as we can for the times that this excellent straight holds up. Hope no one has two clubs.

You can call a three bet back to you but not a cap because everyone will assume when you bet that you have at least a four for the bottom of the straight. A raiser would have to have at least a 9 for the high end of the straight, and therefore any following player would only three bet if they had at least T9 for the nut straight. Knowing all this, only a player with a flush would cap here, and therefore you could safely fold if it came back to you capped.

It is possible of course that a raiser or a three bettor has a flush, but they don't neccessarily have one. A capper however, is certain to have a flush.

beset7
07-06-2005, 08:22 PM
What tom said. Nice post.

closer2313
07-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Great post Tom. I knew I had to bet out but wasn't sure how many bets I should call when it came back to me.

Thanks alot.