PDA

View Full Version : Tell me I'm a moron

11t
07-06-2005, 07:09 PM
This is ridiculous. Somebody please tell me why, I keep doing moronic stuff like this and I don't understand why

I need tough love

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t600)
UTG (t9338)
Hero (t2317)
SB (t1245)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2292</font>

kyro
07-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Without reading the post.

"You're a moron"

With every post I find myself becoming less and less useful.

Nick B.
07-06-2005, 07:10 PM
It is annoying when people don't raise all the way in. Yes, that is stupid.

gildwulf
07-06-2005, 07:11 PM
deleted

pergesu
07-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Not pushing here is a HUUUUUGE mistake. nh

edit: This isn't about your "non-push" that others have alluded to. Your raise covers em both. But you give up a TON of equity by not pushing here. 3.5% of the prize pool, in fact, if they've got maniacal calling standards according to SNGPT.

wildzer0
07-06-2005, 07:12 PM
maybe I'm a moron too, because I push this in a heartbeat.

lastchance
07-06-2005, 07:14 PM
You're a moron, but this is the easiest push in the world if I'm not missing anything.

kyro
07-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Wait. What did you do wrong?

Nick B.
07-06-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait. What did you do wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hero (t2317)
SB (t1245)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, A.
1 fold, Hero raises to t2292

[/ QUOTE ]

He left himself 25 chips. Should have just pushed.

HonestIago15
07-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Though I suspect this move is even better in high buy-ins where people know how to [censored] fold, it's obvious in any at any level.

pergesu
07-06-2005, 07:16 PM
I gotta be missing a joke or something, cause his raise forces his opponents to call all-in...

Nick B.
07-06-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I gotta be missing a joke or something, cause his raise forces his opponents to call all-in...

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to figure out something moronic he did. It is annoying not pushing the slider all the way over. Just like those morons who feel the need to type out how much you have left in your stack instead of just sliding the bar all the way over because they are usually too [censored] dumb to realize that the blind that you have out also counts as your stack so you end up having to hit raise all in instead of just call all in.

Gramps
07-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I think the only time doing that is effective is when it makes it more difficult for your opponent (i.e., the BB) to calculate the pot odds he's getting from your "de facto short stack push"- and it's best to leave around 20% of your stack back in those instances.

But I'm not a pot-odds-confusing-little-bitch like that, so I don't ever make that play. Obviously it's pointless here since you're putting the SB and BB all-in (unless you're trying to be a biatch for no good reason). Actually, leaving 25 chips back may slightly increase your odds of getting called (that button's just rubbing it in, here comes my spite call...).

kasey2004
07-06-2005, 07:43 PM
im lost... how do you give up folding equity by not pushing ?

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Nottom
07-06-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't get it?

What is your obssesion with trying to fold A9 from the button in obvious bubble push situations?

kyro
07-06-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to figure out something moronic he did. It is annoying not pushing the slider all the way over. Just like those morons who feel the need to type out how much you have left in your stack instead of just sliding the bar all the way over because they are usually too [censored] dumb to realize that the blind that you have out also counts as your stack so you end up having to hit raise all in instead of just call all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you were serious.

Honestly, I will often slide the bar halfway over and not allin if it covers my opponents. It's not a big deal.

Voltron87
07-06-2005, 08:08 PM
seriously, this is a noob mistake. why do you think raptor can play 64 tables at once? because he never (ever) slides the bar farther than he has to. this is 5th level thinking people.

valenzuela
07-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I type the number of the highest stack left, because party showowns are suualy about hoping the chips to go your way( those with more experience may be fast enough to realize who won all the time, but I still miss straights, time to time flushes and never FHs /images/graemlins/smile.gif, i always used to miss those, my next step are straights) Anyway its a pathetic feeling to think u won , chips come to you and hey why are they going to him , i won!! buaaaaa!!! anyway..its kinda late here so my post doesnt make sense.

ilya
07-06-2005, 10:41 PM
to let the SB help you eliminate BB? I think you hand is strong enough here that you'd rather just go for the chips.

although....there are some interesting advantages to limping. for example, say SB has a hand like TT or JJ or AK/AQ/AJ. whether or not he should, he'll often call when you push. If you limp, however, he might just complete and check the hand down, worried that BB will fold if he raises.
So you'll save yourself some chips.

On the other hand, of course, you're giving SB a chance to outflop you with the many hands he would have folded to your push, but will now play in the hopes of finishing off BB.

Freudian
07-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Sometimes the results makes you doubt if you played a hand correctly.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1505)
BB (t5080)
UTG (t1230)
Button (t185)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls [t1505] , BB calls t1305.

Flop: (t3010) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t3010) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t3010) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t3010

Results in white below:
Hero has Qs Qd (one pair, queens).
BB has Ah Kc (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins t3010.