PDA

View Full Version : How stupid was this?

Mez
07-06-2005, 06:25 PM
So... feel free to flame away. Looking back this play was really an unecessary steal.

$80 buy in, with a $20 cash headhunter bonus
10 people started with 3,000 each
top 3 get paid, 3rd is $100.
5 left, blinds 300/600.

I'm 2nd in chips with 5.5K. I have a very tight image after not playing a hand for the first 2 levels and have only pushed twice - once w AA preflop and another time after flopping top pair and I was very short. I won both pots.

Sitting to my immediate right is chip leader with ~18K. He is loose aggressive and willing to outplay me (specifically - I'm uber tight) in any pots.
Button has 1K
SB has 3K
UTG has 4K

UTG folds, I have K9o. I push.

Clearly I was just trying to steal blinds - under 10xBB. Clearly I was called by a monster and lost. Really think this was a mistake given the landscape of the chip stacks. Thoughts?

kyro
07-06-2005, 06:26 PM
What are you looking for? You know the answer. It sucked. Now what?

Mez
07-06-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you looking for? You know the answer. It sucked. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. K9 isn't terrible 5 handed, I didn't want to try to outlast 3 people just to get to the money. The big stack is willing to call a raise and try to outplay post flop.

Is this a clear fold here? Should I also fold AT, AJ? Folding wasn't an option here for me.

Or would you 3x raise and play from there if called by the big stack knowing that you now need the pot to get even shorter?

kyro
07-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I'll try to get in there when the big stack isn't. If he's in every hand, then just wait for a real hand and look to double up.

gildwulf
07-06-2005, 06:37 PM
If you really feel like playing K9o 5 handed, unopened I would probably raise K9o from CO...

lastchance
07-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, you just fold. 10x BB poker is Push/fold, and when you can't push, you fold.

AJ and AT are pretty easy pushes here, IMHO.