PDA

View Full Version : A straight up slowplaying hand? Or badly misplayed?

mtdoak
07-06-2005, 06:20 PM
SB is loose preflop, but pretty straightfoward.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

I go for the blind steal, but don't like seeing the 3 bet, obviously.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

I intend to go for a juicy C/R on the turn

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

I don't want to drive out the button, esp if he has a big pair like KK, QQ, JJ. So I waint in the bushes one more round. The most likley hand for the donk bet is Q7, IMHO. I also wanted to see if the preflop 3 better had a big hand like AQ, or AA/QQ.

River: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Standard? Mucked up?

d10
07-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I would have check raised the flop, but that might not be the best line.

btspider
07-06-2005, 06:29 PM
since SB called the flop, i'd just check-raise right away. JJ/TT types may check the turn. AK/AJ may 3-bet the flop (and then you can consider a turn check-raise).

i think i'd also raise the turn. again JJ/TT will fold instead of overcall while AK/AJ will probably not raise for you, but instead call w/ a lot of counterfeiting outs. if they fold, good. if they call 2 bets, good too.

Willluck
07-06-2005, 07:01 PM
I would have bet the flop, if raised I would have c/r'd the turn.
edit: the way you played I think you have to get your raise on the turn, because button still has money in this pot, and may call two cold.

Danenania
07-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Not good. Your hand isn't nearly strong enough for this and even if it was, there is too much danger of Button checking the turn with some sort of PP. Checkraise the flop.