PDA

View Full Version : SB defense with K9s

benneh
07-06-2005, 05:57 PM
no reads except that the raiser has been shown he can be pushed around a little bit, hence my river line. was takin a shot at 5/10 6 max here and was on a pretty good roll.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

i didnt give bb credit for anything after donking that flop and felt my gutshot and overcard was enought o warrant a call. not always a good thing to do but it worked out here. anyone check/call this river? check/fold?

Aaron W.
07-06-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no reads except that the raiser has been shown he can be pushed around a little bit, hence my river line. was takin a shot at 5/10 6 max here and was on a pretty good roll.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

i didnt give bb credit for anything after donking that flop and felt my gutshot and overcard was enought o warrant a call. not always a good thing to do but it worked out here. anyone check/call this river? check/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asking the wrong question and providing the wrong information.

If you don't give BB credit for anything, then what do you put him on? Absolute garbage? Would he bet the turn with the same garbage? What about the PFR? What has he been raising? What do you think it means that he just called the flop and turn bets?

I suspect you put PFR on some sort of Ace-something or medium pocket pair. If that's the case, why are you raising the river? And do you want to raise the river if you give BB credit for nothing?

Bodhi
07-06-2005, 09:15 PM
wrong forum.

thesharpie
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
The BB should be able to be pushed around a bit for this play to work, not MP1.

MP1 likely has nothing. I'd only do this to knock BB out, and you say you put him on nothing so what's the point in knocking him out?