PDA

View Full Version : Normally I just check-fold these

aflaba
07-06-2005, 05:43 PM
SB = TAG
Button = Unknown

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

But this time I bet it.

Would you have bet it?
How about if the flop was less coordinated?

Would you have bet the turn?
How about if the board was less coordinated?

Terrabon98
07-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Barring any reads, I probably play it the same way. Usually with middle pair against an aggressive raiser, I would've check raised this, but sicne the button limped in, it makes sense to bet. I would obviously fold to a raise on the turn

Surfbullet
07-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I like it. If button were a known loose-passive I'd bet the river. Since he's unknown I check-call and expect to snap off plenty of bluffs.

Surf

marand
07-06-2005, 05:59 PM
With a board this coordinated I think check/folding is fine. The pot is really small and this board will hit a lot of limping hands (from bad players).

Also when you get called by the loose player on the flop you really don't know if he is calling with a draw a 9 or even a queen.
If you get raised you really need to throw your hand away, but he could be making a move with a straight draw.
I hate being first to act on this turn, you have no idea where you are in the hand, I would probably bet.
After that river card I think it's an easy check/fold. He either had you beaten or just got there with a draw.

If the board is less drawy, say you have T3o on a board K73 then the flop bet is very easy since it will often take down the pot.
But if you get called then you can give it up since there are no draws he could be calling with so you are most likely beaten.

aflaba
07-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Thansk for the reply. Perfect I think! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Grisgra
07-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Check-folding here seems weak. I play it the same way. You have 2nd pair for pete's sake. Don't let something like KJ or T6 or K8 who knows what get a shot at their ISD for free/bluff you out.

Pound pound pound! /images/graemlins/smile.gif