PDA

View Full Version : How good would you be at this game?

ClaytonN
07-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Assume you are in a ring of people. The first person says his or her name. The second person must say the first person's name, then their name. The third person must say the first person's name, the second person's name, and then their name.

How many people must be ahead of you in this ring before you start to think, "Wow, this is gonna be tough"?

I say this because this was one of the "getting to know other people" games in one of the group sessions among people who were in similar dorm areas in the 2-day college orientation. I was person #20 or so and I struggled, while the guy 2 spots after me was able to rattle them off with little trouble.

sexypanda
07-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I'd screw up even if I were first in line. I'm horrible with names.

Edit: I guess second... I ocassionally remember my own name.

TheWorstPlayer
07-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I would be very good. I think I could easily do 50. I have a very good memory for names and faces and once you hear each person saying the names, you learn who the people are by associating the name with the face, you don't remember the string of names. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if I could easily do 100 after hearing the first 99.

squeek12
I sit down at a poker table and introduce myself to my neighbor...I'll be lucky if I remember his name after 2 hands. Does this answer your question?

DemonDeac
ur an idiot

j/k

i dont know. knowing that the whole point of the exercise was to remember names, i could prolly rattle off 20 or so.

pryor15
07-06-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sit down at a poker table and introduce myself to my neighbor...I'll be lucky if I remember his name after 2 hands. Does this answer your question?

[/ QUOTE ]

but i'll bet you remember what hand he showed after he checkraised you 3 hours ago.

mmbt0ne
07-06-2005, 05:30 PM
ClaytonN
sexypanda
TheWorstPlayer
squeek12
DeamonDeac

at least 7th

WackityWhiz
07-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I always hated these games... sometimes I get rattled when I get put on the spot and I'm always afraid that I'll forget someone's name that I've known for a long time. That would be really embarrassing.

RacersEdge
07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Hmm..not very good..if I'm 20th, it means I've heard the 1st person's name 19 times, so I'd probably get that one - probably about the first 4, and the 19th person, and miss everything in between..

squeek12
07-06-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but i'll bet you remember what hand he showed after he checkraised you 3 hours ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct sir.

WillMagic
07-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Generally I'm not great with names...but I kick ass at this game. The one time I played it I was like 25th or whatever and just breezed right through it.

Will

querulous
07-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I met these two guys about two years ago and was introduced to both. I still see one of them at least once a week and count him as a close friend, the other I only ever met five or six times. I still occaisonally call my friend by the other guy's name. I could go four or five deep, max.

Dynasty
07-06-2005, 06:56 PM
I was really good at this as a little kid.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/simon.jpg

TheWorstPlayer
07-06-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was really good at this as a little kid.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/simon.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you lost your skillz?

ClaytonN
07-06-2005, 07:20 PM
I am really good at simon, because there are only four variables.

Rattling off 20 different names is where I start to wither.

shant
07-06-2005, 07:21 PM
I'd be in trouble if I was anywhere past 3rd or 4th in line. Also, my name would screw everyone.

offTopic
07-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Badly.

When my GF and I play golf, we'll occasionally get paired with a single or another twosome. If I don't write his/her/their name(s) on the scorecard, it's forgotten by the second hole.

squeek12
07-07-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Badly.

When my GF and I play golf, we'll occasionally get paired with a single or another twosome. If I don't write his/her/their name(s) on the scorecard, it's forgotten by the second hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Nice put man. Good shot bro. You're up homie. Don't talk in my backswing moran."

I routinely forget my playing partners names and start refering to them with generic terms.

Jazza
07-07-2005, 07:57 AM
I called my nephew my own name the other day

5 is pushing it for me

edtost
07-07-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Nice put man. Good shot bro. You're up homie. Don't talk in my backswing moran."

I routinely forget my playing partners names and start refering to them with generic terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do this all the time to people i caddy for. its not good.