PDA

View Full Version : PokerAce Hud - Version 0.20 Released - PokerStars Support!

PokerAce
07-06-2005, 03:43 PM
(crosspost from Software)

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.20. I'm also pleased to announce the launch of the new PokerAce Software website.

Download Version 0.20 at the new website:

http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.20:

# New Feature: PokerStars support.
# New Feature: Window position saved on exit.
# New Feature: Separators in Popup Stats.
# New Feature: Actual numbers used for percentages in Popup Stats.
# Changed Feature: "Show Mine" stat option in Layout Manager is no longer tied to "Visible."
# Changed Feature: The "Format" stat option now uses a tilda (~) instead of percent (%) to indicate where the value goes.
# Fixed: Self stats displaying on wrong table ("flickering" issue).
# Fixed: Popups will no longer popup on empty seats.
# Fixed: Mucked cards should no longer be delayed.
# Fixed: Self stats for tournaments.
# Fixed: Problem with tables with hyphens in their name.

Here are a few major upcoming features:

# Additional poker site support. More poker sites will be supported shortly.
# Omaha support. Support for PT Omaha statistics.

Please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So, if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

PokerAce
07-07-2005, 02:35 AM
I released version 0.21. This fixes the bug with PokerStars NL and PL tables. It also fixes a bug with Party and skin's 2 and 3 table SnGs.

Download it here:

Thanks, and let me know if you experience any problems.

TobDog
07-07-2005, 02:35 AM
YOU MY HERO!

I used your software a couple of days ago just to try it, and like it a lot, the Stars add will be good. How long is this going to be a free service if you care to share?

PokerAce
07-07-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm not even certain if I will take this commercial or not. If I do, it's a couple months down the road and will be available for no more than $25.

messenger309
07-07-2005, 07:14 AM
If you add in support for PT Omaha make sure you have a donation link on your page! I'll be sending a little something over for sure!

Rob

jmrogers7
07-07-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even certain if I will take this commercial or not. If I do, it's a couple months down the road and will be available for no more than $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a quick look at your software for the first time last night. I must say that it looks (at first glance) quite excellent!

It appears to be everything that PV is and quite possibly more! I am very impressed and indebted. I will be sending you a contribution for your work.

As I pointed out when PV went commercial; I would be willing to pay for the product, but certainly not the ridiculous amount of $50 that PV is asking. I think the range you are talking about (if indeed you do go commercial) is much more fair.

Timer
07-07-2005, 01:18 PM
What are the chances for doing something with 7-card stud and 7-card stud-hi/lo? Is there any way you can program it to show you the mucked cards for these games?

Thanks.

PokerAce
07-07-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are the chances for doing something with 7-card stud and 7-card stud-hi/lo? Is there any way you can program it to show you the mucked cards for these games?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be possible, but would take a not-insignificant amount of time. Right now I'm concentrating on Hold'em and Omaha support as these two games are supported by PokerTracker. If after all the features for those two games are in and there is enough demand for it, I'll consider adding it.

Zetack
07-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Does it do table averages for pots sizes and % seeing the flop?

--Zetack

PokerAce
07-07-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does it do table averages for pots sizes and % seeing the flop?

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, but it will.

StacysMom
07-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Am i the only one who will have random tables stop showing stats? Ill be playing 8 tables, and 2 of them wont ahve stats up...

Not complaing btw, i do appreciat eall your work.

PokerAce
07-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Are you using version 0.21? I assume this is Party, correct? What limits do you play?

Can you enable logging and send me a log file for an instance when your stats stop displaying?

StacysMom
07-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Are you using version 0.21? Yep
I assume this is Party, correct? Eurobet if that matters

What limits do you play? 5/10 full

Can you enable logging and send me a log file for an instance when your stats stop displaying? I am "willing" to do so, "can" is anohter issue. Hit me up with instructions and i'd be happy to do so.

PokerAce
07-08-2005, 03:25 AM
I apologize for leaving out the instructions. If you go to the Preferences window (Options->Preferences) there is an "Enable Logging" checkbox in the first tab you need to check. Then, you'll need to restart PA Hud and reproduce the problem.

In the directory where you installed PA Hud, there will be a file named "PAHud.log". Attach that to an email to me (pkrace @ gmail . com).

David04
07-08-2005, 09:45 AM
UB support anytime soon?

cassette
07-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Way to go! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would love to see continued expansion to other sites!

xLukex
07-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Not to be the devil's advocate or anything, but wasn't this project started as a protest to PlayerView going commercial?

And now you feel you're going to charge money for it?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work a lot (although I haven't even used it), it just seems you're going to fall into the same category as PlayerView even though you plan on charging less.

Comments?

PS I still want SNG support.

Subby
07-08-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be the devil's advocate or anything, but wasn't this project started as a protest to PlayerView going commercial?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work a lot (although I haven't even used it), it just seems you're going to fall into the same category as PlayerView even though you plan on charging less.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that he felt that Amir was charging too much for PV, not that he had an issue with it going commercial.

xLukex
07-08-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that he felt that Amir was charging too much for PV, not that he had an issue with it going commercial.

[/ QUOTE ]

I oughta just look for the thread, huh.

xLukex
07-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Ok, so he didn't say he wouldn't charge for it, but he did promise $20 or less!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2306173&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Mendacious
07-08-2005, 01:59 PM
[quote
Here are a few major upcoming features:

# Additional poker site support. More poker sites will be supported shortly.
# Omaha support. Support for PT Omaha statistics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he say OMAHA???!!!

Booyah!

Now if only you can beat Amir to UB, Paradise or Prima skins
I already have Playerview, so Party skins, and Stars (non-omaha), are supported.

illogical
07-08-2005, 02:12 PM
I know it's a free program and I shouldn't complain but is there anyway to lower the cpu usage on this thing? It's hoggin up my resources.

cassette
07-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Time for a new computer.

illogical
07-08-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Time for a new computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

... but I just upgraded my computer with a flux capacitor

APerfect10
07-08-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know it's a free program and I shouldn't complain but is there anyway to lower the cpu usage on this thing? It's hoggin up my resources.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce Hud uses significantly less system resources than Playerview and GameTime+...

illogical
07-08-2005, 02:36 PM
seems like you're right. Something else was causing my computer to lock up. I take back what I said about pokerace /images/graemlins/blush.gif

bobbyi
07-08-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't tried pokerace, but the website lists as a feature "See statistics for ring (cash) game opponents as well as your Sit-n-Go and Multi table tournament opponents." Is this not really true? I play sng's and mtt's on stars, so I was planning to download this tonight since I thought this would support them. Does it?

PokerAce
07-08-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started PA Hud because I felt that PV was not worth $50. I wanted a good, cheap/free alternative. I stated that if I decided to sell it, for the same functionality that PV offered, it would cost $20-25. Well, the only functionality that PV has that PA Hud doesn't is Omaha support. I also plan to continue expanding PA Hud's functionality. Don't worry though, there will always be a version at least as functional as PV available for $20-25.

As for SnGs, they are already supported along with MTT.

nbajam
07-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Where are all the people who told this guy that he'd never be able to write this piece of software? Are they the ones kissing up and saying how much better then PV it is now?

PokerAce
07-08-2005, 09:57 PM
I released version 0.22. This fixes the bug with PokerStars not refreshing properly. If you have PokerStars issues, please download this version.

Download it here:

Thanks, and let me know if you experience any problems and if there are any other issues with PokerStars support.

StacysMom
07-08-2005, 10:55 PM
hey poker ace, when my stats werent coming up on a few tables I believe that PT was not working properly for those tables. I looked at my session notes and those particular tables had numers that didnt correlate to what was happening in the session. Its been working great since then.,

To anyone, can PT auto import from stars?

XxGodJrxX
07-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, PT autoimports from Stars. You just need to click on the little lightning on the top-left and set it up. Sounds like you've been doing it already.

PokerAce
07-08-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm glad you got everything figured out.

As for auto importing, you can point PT to the PokerAce Hud\Data\Stars\HandHistories directory while PA Hud is running. I'd recommend you use StarSpy if you want to datamine, as the hand histories are deleted as soon as you close PA Hud.

EDIT: This advice is for observed hand histories as well as your own.

StacysMom
07-08-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you got everything figured out.

As for auto importing, you can point PT to the PokerAce Hud\Data\Stars\HandHistories directory while PA Hud is running. I'd recommend you use StarSpy if you want to datamine, as the hand histories are deleted as soon as you close PA Hud.

EDIT: This advice is for observed hand histories as well as your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot pokerace, its working great on pp and stars. As I am now converted I donated 20 via neteller. Is that the normal amount or am I a cheap ass?

PokerAce
07-09-2005, 12:20 AM
$20 is great. Any donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how big or small. Thank you very much. /images/graemlins/smile.gif