PDA

View Full Version : Dell 2001FP question concerning TV-out

Shilly
07-06-2005, 03:36 PM
I've been having troubles with my new video card, so I thought I would use my old AGP card to try to support two monitors. The AGP card has one VGA connection, and one TV-out connection. My first question is, if I hook one monitor up to the VGA and connect the Dell 2001FP to the TV-out, will it work? And secondly, how much would a TV cable cost, what kind should I buy, and can I find it at Wal Mart or something or would I have to go to an electronics store?

ckmo
07-09-2005, 10:36 AM
It will work for what its worth but when i tried it on mine the signal had too low resolution. I was using the s-video out on my laptop into my 2001fp. Most TV outs on cards i've seen are S-video, you can buy a S-video to composite video converter and use the composite input to the 2001fp if you want to. The 2001fp is much to nice of a monitor to use like this, I'd recommend getting the other card to work or buying a new one.

TheTROLL
07-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Yup, it'll sort of work, but it'll be nasty. Buy a cheap DVI-capable card - you're trying to run a Ferrari on cheap vodka here...