PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here ever had their Neteller account comprimised?

monkeyfightclub
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
I did. Like a dumbass I used pretty much the same passwords for all the poker sites I play at and those passwords were the same as my Neteller account password. I suspect who ever cleaned out my Neteller account hacked into one of the poker sites I play with and maybe tried that password at neteller. It is possible that they hacked my computer, but I'm not sure how they got my password, and I've scanned my computer up and down for any key loggers or any other malicious software that could be used to grab passwords. I wouldn't have known anything was going on except for the money transfer confirmation sent by Neteller. Whoever stole my money moved it to an account on www.betandwin.com. (http://www.betandwin.com.) And boy it's been a real pain to get ahold of betandwin.com.

So if anyone has ever had unauthorized usage of your neteller account, what ever happened? I'm waiting to hear back from my local police department about a police report I need to file. Neteller needs a police report to go ahead with the investigation.

This sucks ass.

BradleyT
07-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Did you sign up at any websites (forums, etc..) at all using the same password and username?

Edit - and Neteller locks your account if you try and access it from out of state, sounds like an inside job to me.

primetime32
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did. Like a dumbass I used pretty much the same passwords for all the poker sites I play at and those passwords were the same as my Neteller account password. I suspect who ever cleaned out my Neteller account hacked into one of the poker sites I play with and maybe tried that password at neteller. It is possible that they hacked my computer, but I'm not sure how they got my password, and I've scanned my computer up and down for any key loggers or any other malicious software that could be used to grab passwords. I wouldn't have known anything was going on except for the money transfer confirmation sent by Neteller. Whoever stole my money moved it to an account on www.betandwin.com. (http://www.betandwin.com.) And boy it's been a real pain to get ahold of betandwin.com.

So if anyone has ever had unauthorized usage of your neteller account, what ever happened? I'm waiting to hear back from my local police department about a police report I need to file. Neteller needs a police report to go ahead with the investigation.

This sucks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they got some passwords from other sites that doesnt explain how they got your neteller account information and your neteller secure ID. seems to be something a little more going on.

Daffy
07-06-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If they got some passwords from other sites that doesnt explain how they got your neteller account information and your neteller secure ID. seems to be something a little more going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that hard to get if he stores his neteller info in his email account (gmail, yahoo etc..)

BigF
07-06-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This sucks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened to me a couple weeks ago. I posted my story under the name "neteller123" on this board and 500 wise arses called it BS.

Neteller tells you they need a police report but really they DON'T. Just call Neteller back and tell them you have filed the police report but it will take 1-2 weeks to get it and insist they launch the investigation immediately.

If you are lucky, you or Neteller will be able to get in touch with betandwin and get the money back. That's your only hope.

You probably have a keylogger running on your computer. The hacker stole ALL your passwords, Neteller, email.... Anti-spyware/virus software won't catch all keyloggers but ZoneAlarm will. Install ZoneAlarm on your computer now. When ZoneAlarm prompts you saying that a program that you've never heard of is trying to access the Internet, deny the access and locate the file. Delete/Rename the file and reboot your computer. Then change passwords on all your crucial accounts (bank, Neteller, email....)

As someone who has experienced this, I know how you feel right now. Hope it works out in the end for you.

monkeyfightclub
07-06-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This sucks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened to me a couple weeks ago. I posted my story under the name "neteller123" on this board and 500 wise arses called it BS.

Neteller tells you they need a police report but really they DON'T. Just call Neteller back and tell them you have filed the police report but it will take 1-2 weeks to get it and insist they launch the investigation immediately.

If you are lucky, you or Neteller will be able to get in touch with betandwin and get the money back. That's your only hope.

You probably have a keylogger running on your computer. The hacker stole ALL your passwords, Neteller, email.... Anti-spyware/virus software won't catch all keyloggers but ZoneAlarm will. Install ZoneAlarm on your computer now. When ZoneAlarm prompts you saying that a program that you've never heard of is trying to access the Internet, deny the access and locate the file. Delete/Rename the file and reboot your computer. Then change passwords on all your crucial accounts (bank, Neteller, email....)

As someone who has experienced this, I know how you feel right now. Hope it works out in the end for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your post, and I'm going to install Zone Alarm. Was the money taken from your Neteller account recovered?

Keres
07-06-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that thread, and yeah, you certainly got really really hammered. Did you ever find out how your information was compromised?