PDA

View Full Version : TT and an A flops

PSW
07-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 is a 69/12 with PF agression of .67
UTG+2 is a somewhat tricky player w/ 25/15 and 1.91

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Didn't like getting raised and coldcalled...

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Is this just too weak tight?

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

sy_or_bust
07-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Nope. You must call the flop here, but in many situations you can drop this to the flop raise.

Nick C
07-06-2005, 03:29 PM
There are some draws UTG+1 could be playing aggressively (one of which got there on the turn), but I think it's more likely he has an ace or two pair (with aces up being the most likely two pair) or is fastplaying a set.

You'd have the odds to continue drawing on the turn versus 76, but that's probably not what UTG+1 has, and I think the fold is fine.

An ace is certainly not a card you want to see on the flop (well, unless the flop also brings you a set) when you have TT and get cold-called preflop by three people.

If UTG+1 pushed you off of your hand with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or something, then that's unfortunate, but that's not what he'll usually have.

slavic
07-06-2005, 03:30 PM
This is fine. If it was bet and raised behind you, then you can fold the flop. Your pretty well done for one the flop and if there were one more caller preflop I would advocate check folding the flop(assuming the action dictates that). As it is you are behind, you end up calling mainly to prevent others taking shots at you and then check fold. When I have TT I generally want a K to flop not an A but either is generally ok in a pot contested by few hands. With fewer available overcards people will fold to your bet, and getting people to fold J's and Q's is a really good thing (tm).