PDA

View Full Version : Menaced by Dennis

maryfield48
07-06-2005, 02:39 PM
I should be on a plane to Toronto right now, on my way to Vancouver. I was supposed to spend a few days with some family I have there, hopefully get to River Rock for some low limit action Saturday night, and then go salmon fishing at a place called Rivers Inlet up North from Vancouver.

And along came this fellow:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9892/float6loopwsi1ph.gif

Tropical Storm Dennis, scheduled to arrive in the vicinity of Kingston, Jamaica sometime early Thursday morning. I couldn't leave the family with a hurricane threatening, so I rescheduled my departure to Friday, in the hopes that we don't get clobbered. If we do, the trip will be off completely.

Shajen
07-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Hope Dennis misses you guys.

Take care and take cover man.

GL

squeek12
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Cindy passed near here in New Orleans last night, and Dennis is headed right for us I believe. Hurricane party!

Biloxi
07-08-2005, 01:33 AM
Dennis is gonna whoop our ASS!

Winds already at 135mph category 4

squeek12
07-08-2005, 01:37 AM
It should steer just east of us... should. I'm in New Orleans, a direct hit here by a 4 would leave the city uninhabitable for months.

maryfield48
07-08-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hope Dennis misses you guys.

Take care and take cover man.

GL

[/ QUOTE ]

It missed. Dumping a bunch of rain on us, but no significant winds. At least not where I am. North coast might be getting some gusts. My back yard is a lake right now. It's strengthened quite a lot though, and by late weekend/early next week the US gulf coast looks like it'll be picking up a bad 'un.

mmbt0ne
07-08-2005, 01:40 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
It should steer just east of us... should. I'm in New Orleans, a direct hit here by a 4 would leave the city uninhabitable for months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, just like it always would. Luckily, God seems to really like NO for some reason as every hurricane that's supposed to go straight up the river turns right at the last second.

squeek12
07-08-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, just like it always would. Luckily, God seems to really like NO for some reason as every hurricane that's supposed to go straight up the river turns right at the last second.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he loves NO, he seems to despise Biloxi/Mobile/Gulfport/Pensacola.

Biloxi
07-08-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God spares NO cuz of the SAINTS! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Creole
07-08-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God spares NO cuz of the SAINTS! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If the SAINTS are our security blanket then Mr Benson seems to be ripping it from us next year, leaving us exposed to the wrath of God.

somethingstupid
07-09-2005, 03:15 AM
gl

Monkeyslacks
07-09-2005, 04:04 AM
Stick it in her pooper!

Talk2BigSteve
07-10-2005, 12:31 AM
This is probably going to be one of my last post for a few day since I am about to get ready for bed and don't expect to have power in the morning.

I live in Meridian, Mississippi, 128 miles NNW of Mobile, AL.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5599/024557wsm7ki.gif
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6112/024557f120sm1wg.gif

80+ mile/hour winds likely, as if I have nothing better to worry about. But hey look at the bright side, anything blowing that good....

I will post back to this as soon as I have power again. It will go out that is certain, when it will be back on is the question.

Steve