PDA

View Full Version : Inducing a value bet?

TMFS9
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
I have been at the table for a little while now, the button in the hand had stats of 45/35/2.5 over 600+ hands which presumably most (if not all) came from datamining as I don't remember ever playing against him before. Except he did not play this loose, he actually played a style more akin to a 30/20 player and seemed to play a real solid slightly loose but real aggressive game so I can only assume my datamined stats came from him playing in some 2-3 handed games. Since I have been at the table I have been catching some good starting cards combined with some tight players on my left I have been raising an awful lot, and winning my fair share of showdowns with some fairly marginal raising hands in MP like QTo and K9o, thus my image is most likely that of a LAG. The button has 3 bet me a few times but those hands had never made a showdown, IIRC he folded the turn once and I folded a turn once. The SB in the hand is too loose, not completely horrible but definitely not a good player either. I don't have the hand history, so sorry for the format.

I have Q Q UTG and Raise
The button 3 bets, SB calls
I cap, button calls, SB calls

The Flop comes: T, 4, 3 Rainbow
I bet, button raises, SB calls, I 3bet, Button Caps, SB folds.

The turn is: 6 (suit not important)
I check, button bets, I raise, button calls.

Now when the button only calls the turn C/R I can put him on a fairly narrow range of hands. I think he's aggressive enough to 3 bet AA and KK here, and will almost always 3 bet TT here. So the range of hands I have him on are most likely AT or JJ, with an outside shot at 99 and 88.

The river is: T

Now the value bettor in me says to bet this river, but as I was reviewing the hand in my mind I started to think check calling is the way to go here as he will most likely value bet all of his holding when checked to and raise AT (if I bet), and I really don't like the prospect of folding to this player in a pretty large pot with this board. So what's the best line to take on the river? Check/call, Bet/Call, or Bet/Fold?

wheelz
07-06-2005, 02:25 PM
bet/call