PDA

View Full Version : Easy push right?

1C5
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Looking at small stack, what level does he have to get to before you think about folding this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t495)
BB (t1195)
Hero (t1172)
Button (t5138)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1172 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t1172, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Wes ManTooth
07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Easy answer...yes

downtown
07-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I don't know if this is correct in any way, shape, or form, but it works well for me when in this situation and it's something I just sort of made up so anyone else feel free to correct my fuzzy logic.

If the blinds hit me and I'm gonna still be like 3x the short stack -and- the shortie is about 1.5BB I'll wait out the marginal situations that have me pushing into the big stack assuming he's gonna have to survive two all-ins with utter *ish* to survive. So in your case 1) You're not going to be 3x the short stack and if shortie doubles through once and the blinds hit you once you're now shortie, so I'm looking to push worse than AJ for sure. 2) I do NOT see this as one of those marginal situations, and to emphasize the obvious, you have the best hand most of the time.

I push and hate it when I have to race biggie's fours.

tshort
07-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Big stack is (usually) smart enough not to call your push in this situation. Push this every time. There should be very few situations you don't push AJ on the bubble, IMO.