PDA

View Full Version : Yuppie Matty - I just signed up for ZoneChefs

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 01:32 PM
I have never felt like more of a tool. But if it's good enough for Herm Edwards! It's good enough for me!

Anyone have any thoughts? Waste of $35 per day?

Sounds Good? (http://www.zonechefs.com/smenu.html)

Jersey Nick
07-06-2005, 01:39 PM
$1100 would buy a whole bunch of Weight Watcher frozen meals and V8.

swede123
07-06-2005, 01:42 PM
There's a testimonial there by Liza Minelli. That alone should void this website from further consideration...

Swede

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$1100 would buy a whole bunch of Weight Watcher frozen meals and V8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's silly. But I'm having trouble re-losing weight I lost 5 years ago. I'm stuck in this pleasently plump/big guy stage. I figure if I'm paying through the nose for this crap I'll adhere to my routine a little more strictly.

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a testimonial there by Liza Minelli. That alone should void this website from further consideration...

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Herm Edwards.

MoreWineII
07-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I vote for waste. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Embrace your fatness.

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I vote for waste. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Embrace your fatness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not married like you duder.

swede123
07-06-2005, 01:49 PM
No way does Herm Edwards positive karma outweigh the negative vibes you get from anything Liza Minelli endorses. Maybe if we were talking Ditka...

Swede

MoreWineII
07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Just had to rub it in, eh?

I guess I just don't really 'get' diets. Isn't it much easier and cheaper to just eat healthier without going through all the hoo-ha?

turnipmonster
07-06-2005, 01:53 PM
seems pricey, but whatever. what are you going to do about eating out and stuff?

--turnipmonster

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just had to rub it in, eh?

I guess I just don't really 'get' diets. Isn't it much easier and cheaper to just eat healthier without going through all the hoo-ha?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's not really a "diet" per se. Zone cooking is basically just eating healthy. I just don't have the time to cook and all that.

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seems pricey, but whatever. what are you going to do about eating out and stuff?

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I got a trial, I will be getting it delivered during the week. I mostly just go out to dinner once a week on average(not in a relationship currently). I can save the leftover meals for the weekend--give to roommate/etc)

MoreWineII
07-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I don't have time to cook either. Hence the wife. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You know I just thought of a solution to both your problems...

turnipmonster
07-06-2005, 02:23 PM
I cook food for the week on sundays. then again, I eat the same things all week and it doesn't bother me, would bother most people maybe.

Soul Daddy
07-06-2005, 02:30 PM
It's a decent chunk of change, but looks like a lazy man's dream come true. Funny, I always figured you for a rail.

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a decent chunk of change, but looks like a lazy man's dream come true. Funny, I always figured you for a rail.

[/ QUOTE ]

cocaine doesn't make everything better.

Soul Daddy
07-06-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cocaine doesn't make everything better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, it's certainly no crack.

ThaSaltCracka
07-06-2005, 03:48 PM
wtf, $35 a day, are you fuckijng kidding me?

IronDragon1
07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Tuna sandwiches + protein shakes are cheaper and better

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like one missed value bet duder. Remember I actually play poker. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tuna sandwiches + protein shakes are cheaper and better

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even have time to open a can of tuna. let alone make a protein shake.

ThaSaltCracka
07-06-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like one missed value bet duder. Remember I actually play poker. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]THINK OF YOUR BANKROLL DUDER!

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just doing a trial. And it's spread out to only the weekdays. I lost 1200 bucks playing .50/1.00 when I'm drunk. So I'll just eliminate that from my budget.

ThaSaltCracka
07-06-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just doing a trial. And it's spread out to only the weekdays. I lost 1200 bucks playing .50/1.00 when I'm drunk. So I'll just eliminate that from my budget.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/blush.gif, how the efff....

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/blush.gif, how the efff....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an exaggeration...sort of.

Ulysses
07-06-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He lives in NYC. You step out the door there and $100 instantly disappears. $200 if you do anything.

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He lives in NYC. You step out the door there and $100 instantly disappears. $200 if you do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You El D. I was awaiting your take on this.

mmbt0ne
07-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Ok, so I just read the first day's menu and I hate you and wish I had $35 a day to spend.

I'm going to get some Taco Bell.

Duffman
07-06-2005, 04:44 PM
$35 on food a day is a lot of [censored] money.

Sponger15SB
07-06-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny, I always figured you for a rail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

Not that I sit around wondering what IndieMatty looks like or anything....

Eurotrash
07-06-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if it's good enough for Herm Edwards! It's good enough for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO! You DIET to LOSE the WEIGHT!

MaxPower
07-06-2005, 05:06 PM
When you lose the weight you won't care about feeling like a tool. Good luck.

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if it's good enough for Herm Edwards! It's good enough for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO! You DIET to LOSE the WEIGHT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily POTD

Wintermute
07-06-2005, 05:09 PM
I can confirm this. When I go out now, I force myself to take only $200 to $250 because I know when I wake up the money will all be gone.

That gave me another idea for you matty--just cut down on the drinking by about 5 drinks or so per week, and you'll be covering the extra to get to $35 every day, plus you'll cut useless calories out of your diet.

Eurotrash
07-06-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$35 on food a day is a lot of [censored] money.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? you forgot, "OHHHHHH YEAHHHHH!" after that statement.

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Funny, I always figured you for a rail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

Not that I sit around wondering what IndieMatty looks like or anything....

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I never post any pictures because I'm a wee bit paranoid of someone from work finding out who I am and what not. I have a pretty respectable job and what not, and this OOT/Excessive gambling stuff would easily get me fired. In other words, I'll try and get and obscure one to shrink as my avatar to satiate your sick desires sponger.

Blarg
07-06-2005, 05:14 PM
If he's taking much booze in, then cutting it out or way way back will be a giant drop in calorie intake. All useless calories too ... well, except for the fun part. Booze is incredibly full of calories though.

IndieMatty
07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's taking much booze in, then cutting it out or way way back will be a giant drop in calorie intake. All useless calories too ... well, except for the fun part. Booze is incredibly full of calories though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only drink two times a week these days. I will not cut this out because I'd kill myself from depression.

I will try and cut out the "getting stoned and ordering a full pizza" from my diet.

Not the stoned part.

Edit: This is really all for convenience; not so much like weight watchers, the mere fact that every morning I will have all my food waiting for me at my doorstep is really cool.

MoreWineII
07-06-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember I actually play poker. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ew. And to think I actually liked you. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nolanfan34
07-06-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, if you have that kind of poker money to throw around, maybe you can stake me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

IndieMatty
07-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Woke up at 6AM to go to the gym, and there was a little black cooler sitting on my front doorstep. Inside were the following:

Breakfast: Chicken Breakfast Sausage with Waffle and Soy Butter. Cranberry Compote on the side.

Lunch: Cheddar and Broccoli Cannelloni with Mornay Sauce

Snack 1: Chef James - Chocalate Cupcake

Dinner: Beef Kebab with Wild Rice and Green Beans

Snack 2: Fresh Mozzarella and Apricots.

First Impressions:

The menu included had the date, and the weather forcast for the day, which I actually thought was an awesome touch. The portions are pretty small, but they most likely are what I should be eating (think frozen lean cuisine portions).

The breakfast was VERY tasty. Like going to a hotel restaurant; the waffle was one of those little ones, maybe the size of a minidisc. Sausage were normal, and pretty tasty, I didn't know "Chicken Sausage" existed, but I would highly reccomend it now.

The cupcake is so small it's comical, I'll save that for "desert" tonight. . I'm going to have the Canneloni at around noon. All in all, a very positive first impression.

-M

rusellmj
07-11-2005, 10:21 AM
The Zone rules. Glad you can afford this service. If you don't already, I would suggest getting some of the books.

bisonbison
07-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Dear God. Does Hammy know you've lost all pride?

Ulysses
07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
, I didn't know "Chicken Sausage" existed, but I would highly reccomend it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aidell's (http://www.aidells.com/sausages/descriptions/) - their chicken apple sausage is my favorite.

IndieMatty
07-11-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dear God. Does Hammy know you've lost all pride?

[/ QUOTE ]

I consulted with Hammy before I did this. He's pretty jealous.

bisonbison
07-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Actually, after five seconds of thought, I think this is a great idea. Whatever works dude, that's what money's for.

MoreWineII
07-11-2005, 10:36 AM
So...are you still fat?

IndieMatty
07-11-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So...are you still fat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you.

MoreWineII
07-11-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So...are you still fat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif Like a fat guy hates a cheeseburger. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

IndieMatty
07-11-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So...are you still fat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif Like a fat guy hates a cheeseburger. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I didn't gorge on McDonalds and Pizza this weekend.

MoreWineII
07-11-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that's what money's for.

[/ QUOTE ]

July Dear Bison thread - I don't see it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

bisonbison
07-11-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm gonna start it in a week. I'll be off the internet from Wednesday-Sunday, so I thought I'd let Steve's sad thread limp along like the pathetic shadow of heterosexual love that homosexual relations are.

IndieMatty
07-11-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna start it in a week. I'll be off the internet from Wednesday-Sunday, so I thought I'd let Steve's sad thread limp along like the pathetic shadow of heterosexual love that homosexual relations are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be the best passage you have ever written.

IndieMatty
07-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Ok, who the hell was this? I laughed about this for a good time.

***** Hand History for Game *****
$15/$30 Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, July 12, 22:03:36 EDT 2005
Table Table 23840 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 2:
Seat 3:
Seat 5:
Seat 7: n ( $897 )
Seat 9:
Seat 10:
Seat 6: Matty ( $709.50 )
Seat 8:
Seat 4:
n posts small blind [$10].
n hows the diet going matt?

To answer the question: Pretty good. The food is awesome. And it's making me go to the gym each night. It's like a reminder to continue to be healthy.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 02:11 PM
I just got a call, they just gave me another 30 days for 28.99 per day. I like the service so much, I extended it and feel fine. I did cut down to 4 days a week, so this will take me into October. I've lost about 10 pounds, but I'd attribute that more to the gym.

I'm just very happy with the food in general

Soul Daddy
08-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Good job, man. So you are getting full off of this? That's my issue with eating nothing but healthy food. I rarely feel full without eating too much of it and end up supplementing it with a bag of Dorito's.

IndieMatty
08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good job, man. So you are getting full off of this? That's my issue with eating nothing but healthy food. I rarely feel full without eating too much of it and end up supplementing it with a bag of Dorito's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time yes; This morning were these corn pressed pancakes with mozzarella in between, with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce on top.

VERY FILLING.

Lunch was a small half of pita and a nectarine.

Not So Filling.

Snack later is a blue cheese ravioli over mesclun. it's pretty dainty.

Dinner is two cheesy gordita crunches, one nachos supreme, a steak soft taco, and a steak quesadilla.

Pretty full.

08-12-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time yes; This morning were these corn pressed pancakes with mozzarella in between, with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce on top.

VERY FILLING.

Lunch was a small half of pita and a nectarine.

Not So Filling.

Snack later is a blue cheese ravioli over mesclun. it's pretty dainty.

Dinner is two cheesy gordita crunches, one nachos supreme, a steak soft taco, and a steak quesadilla. And a sixer of Brooklyn Lager IPA

Pretty full.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP