PDA

View Full Version : MLB Trade Rumors

CollinEstes
07-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Thought a thread about rumors from around the league would be interesting. I will get it started.

Houston Astros are reportedly intrested in trading for Adam Dunn from the Reds for some young prospects including Astacio. Dunn grew up and I think still lives in Houston so I think he would like to go, plus I believe he and Berkman are friends.

MoreWineII
07-06-2005, 01:05 PM
I would think Houston would be holding onto its prospects considering the state that franchise is in. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

CollinEstes
07-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I think they believe they owe it to the older players (Clemens, Biggio, and Bagwell) to try to make a run at the post season if they can pull closer to the wild card. I think that most people in Houston would like to see them make a deal if they can make the playoffs because of the pitching staff.

If they make it to the post season I think they have a chance because of Clemens, Pet, and Oswalt with Lidge. Those three will keep them in most games they just need another one or two hitters.

MoreWineII
07-06-2005, 01:55 PM
I guess. You just don't want to make the same mistake as my M's and be so loyal that you get stuck with a bunch of old dudes that can't play anymore.

sublime
07-06-2005, 01:58 PM
I think they believe they owe it to the older players (Clemens, Biggio, and Bagwell) to try to make a run at the post season if they can pull closer to the wild card

i think they believe paying clemens 22m and bagwell to be on the DL is good enough for them.

CollinEstes
07-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Clemens deserves every penny. He is still one of the top 3 pitchers in baseball. They are only 6 games out of the wild card, and are in about the same shape they were in last year at this point when people said they should trade Clemens.

Besides the Astros what else has anyone heard from your regions. I heard the Phillies might be intrested in a Reds Outfielder as well.

Who do you guys think the biggest name is out there that could be available.

mikeyp
07-06-2005, 02:27 PM
I hope that they get rid of Astacio that pitcher is terrible.

Voltron87
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I want Clemens to come back to the NYY. A lot.

kerssens
07-06-2005, 03:10 PM
I assume Guardado and Winn could be had from Seattle.

wayabvpar
07-06-2005, 03:21 PM
God I hope they trade Guardado soon. His stats are awesome right now, and he can probably fetch something decent in return. His value will only decline from here on out.

They really need to replenish the minor league starting pitching. They have almost dick for next year's rotation.

sublime
07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want Clemens to come back to the NYY. A lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

me2, as it would cost cano and/or weng and whatever other crap they have in the minors. trade away /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MoreWineII
07-06-2005, 03:26 PM
I think anyone except for Ichiro could be had from Seattle.

Voltron87
07-06-2005, 03:41 PM
i know, my wish of seeing clemens as a yankee again probably wont happen, and if it does we'll most likely have gotten raped on the trade market.

tolbiny
07-06-2005, 03:43 PM
As far as the AL central goes- it doesn't look like the White sox will make any major moves. The Twins and the indians both need offensive help- the indians are looking for a right handed bat hpefuly a .280 30 hr guy to protcet hafner with.
I could also see them trading Elarton or Millwood if someone made them the right offer and put Davis into the starting rotation again.

CollinEstes
07-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah I read that the Twins are intrested in Brett Boone. Wishful thinking I guess.

Clemens isn't going anywhere. He will finish in Houston. He enjoys being close to his family too much, as well as the flexiblity the team gives him.

I think the Blue Jays might deal Orlando Hudson who I think would be a nice addition to a contender out there.

07-06-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope that they get rid of Astacio that pitcher is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Astacio is a good prospect. After they sent him down I think he started 4 games and had a 0.99 ERA. Too bad he's bombed with the big club.

The more important question is what the hell is growing on that guy's face.

Bad picture but best I could find (http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/20/208853.jpg)

MoreWineII
07-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Ew.

Weatherhead03
07-07-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If they make it to the post season I think they have a chance because of Clemens, Pet, and Oswalt with Lidge. Those three will keep them in most games they just need another one or two hitters.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true and Dunn can help them alot with his long ball, I have clemens on my Fantasy Baseball and Clemens has an unbelieveable ERA it just doesnt work if he has no run support at all.

ripdog
07-07-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess. You just don't want to make the same mistake as my M's and be so loyal that you get stuck with a bunch of old dudes that can't play anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. I can't believe how badly they've f****d up this team. Pinella had tons of speed (remember Podsednik?) and a couple of utility guys. The only thing that the 2001 team lacked was one or two solid starters. They need to dump the old guys now. Anyone over 35 and not named Moyer go bye-bye. Bavasi goes with them.

tolbiny
07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
I think that you might actually see the twins make a move this year. They clearly aren't going to win the division- and If any of NYY, the indians or baltimore make signifigant improvents (not to mention a surging oakland) they will be hard pressed to keep pace with those teams for the wild card. With their starting pitching they will always have a chance at going deep into the postseason.

CollinEstes
07-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah I read today the the Twins might be intrested in a third baseman. Joe Randa is a possiblity and so is Mike Lowell, though Lowell would take alot.

sublime
07-07-2005, 01:23 PM
it could have no significance in reference to a trade, but jay payton was designated for assignment today by the red sox. more than likely a trade to another team is imminent and they wanted to clear a roster spot in the meantime. love how the sox can discard a 4th OF who would be a starter in 2/3 OF positions in NY.

EDIT: sounds like a trade is in the works. apparently francona told payton to fly home to boston last night as he was being traded today.

sublime
07-07-2005, 01:36 PM
nothing big/great but the indians and red sox just made a minor deal. ramon (broken leg) vasquez for joey cora.

nolanfan34
07-07-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nothing big/great but the indians and red sox just made a minor deal. ramon (broken leg) vasquez for joey cora.

[/ QUOTE ]

If so, this would probably be the first time a player was traded for a base coach. I think subconciously you were hoping they were replacing Sveum. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ALEX Cora on the other hand...

sublime
07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If so, this would probably be the first time a player was traded for a base coach. I think subconciously you were hoping they were replacing Sveum. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ALEX Cora on the other hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Yeah him!

Clarkmeister
07-07-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't expect anything, but the Cards are in need of a quality young outfielder both as insurance this year and as a starter next year.

nolanfan34
07-07-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't expect anything, but the Cards are in need of a quality young outfielder both as insurance this year and as a starter next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm counting on their well stocked farm system to take care of this. /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThaSaltCracka
07-07-2005, 06:17 PM
REFUSE TO LOSE!

Dead
07-07-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Melky Cabrera from the Yankees farm system. We will take Carpenter for him, straight up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sublime
07-07-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it could have no significance in reference to a trade, but jay payton was designated for assignment today by the red sox. more than likely a trade to another team is imminent and they wanted to clear a roster spot in the meantime. love how the sox can discard a 4th OF who would be a starter in 2/3 OF positions in NY.

EDIT: sounds like a trade is in the works. apparently francona told payton to fly home to boston last night as he was being traded today.

[/ QUOTE ]

payton has been traded, IT just wont be announced until after the AS break (which is odd, just repeating what theo said in pregame show). gammons was on local radio today and mentioned that payton would be going to Oakland (to which the morons who run the show didn't follow up) so i assume the player the sox are getting from the A's is on the DL.

nothumb
07-07-2005, 11:00 PM
The Payton move is interesting. The Sox rumor I have been hearing recently is that they want Billy Wagner and Ryan Howard from Philly. They'd probably have to give up Youk, Hanley Ramirez, a pick, and somebody else. I thought Payton might fit in there somewhere but I guess not.

Wagner's counting his team out and Howard is a great talent stuck behind Jim Thome. I don't know if they can pull the trigger on this one though. But I really don't buy the whole Foulke knee surgery scenario. If this was bothering him for so long like they say he could have had this surgery in the offseason. I think he's done.

NT

bugstud
07-08-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Payton move is interesting. The Sox rumor I have been hearing recently is that they want Billy Wagner and Ryan Howard from Philly. They'd probably have to give up Youk, Hanley Ramirez, a pick, and somebody else. I thought Payton might fit in there somewhere but I guess not.

Wagner's counting his team out and Howard is a great talent stuck behind Jim Thome. I don't know if they can pull the trigger on this one though. But I really don't buy the whole Foulke knee surgery scenario. If this was bothering him for so long like they say he could have had this surgery in the offseason. I think he's done.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

this actually makes a lot of sense for both sides. Wow.

nothumb
07-08-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

this actually makes a lot of sense for both sides. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but are they really capable of admitting now that Foulke is done, swallowing that loss and also allowing Millar to be a total loss? You're basically discarding two players here. I doubt Foulke would take kindly to becoming a middle reliever. This surgery is ill-timed because it leaves some hope that he might come back strong, but no guarantees, and if we wait it out we lose our chance. Also, Mueller's not getting any younger and Youk is going to be a very good MLB third baseman. But they've got a deficiency at the other corner so basically they go ahead for a year or two until Mueller is done, and then they're back to where they started (with one good corner and one big question mark).

I dunno. I think I would be in favor of it overall.

NT

CollinEstes
07-08-2005, 09:48 AM
I don't know if Millar will be a total lose, I think that Houston will probably go after Millar with some minor deal. You guys what Franco? Come on he is a vet, please God take him, please!

sublime
07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

payton apparently had become a PIA to francona.