PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive move with likely 2nd best..

BeerMoney
07-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Did I blow this one? No opponent reads.. Was bouncing around all night looking for "a hot seat" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (7.20 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

5th Street - (5.10 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises

6th Street - (11.10 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks

River - (11.10 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks

Total pot: (11.10 BB)

After posting this, I don't think I realized my jack was dead on 3rd when I played the hand, I may have missed that.

Fold third? Once I decided to play on, is fifth dumb, or tough?

arod15
07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
WIth no oppenent reads you have to fold to the reraise as your JJ were dead esentially and you probably are facing on overpair. Also why complete that early with so many players yet to act? Not sure about that.

jon_1van
07-06-2005, 01:35 PM
I like the completion because there aren't many over cads behind. Once the Aces raises I don't think you have any good options.

Call and let the T in?
Reraise, get heads up, but probably face a cap?
Fold?

Heads up you are about 33% to win versus the Aces
Three way you are about 24% to win.

I think raising is out because because your head is semi-dead, the ante is small, you'll be farther behind heads up.

If the ante was bigger there would be a bigger gain to getting heads up and thus winning the pot a bigger fraction of the time.

So I say you call. In order for the T to hurt you, you have to improve to beat the Aces, AND the T needs to improve enough to beat what you have that beats the Aces.

The T is pretty much padding you odds to chase the Aces. If your kicker didn't beat the T's I'd advocate folding because I wouldn't want to get capped on because I might get tied to get pot that way.

MRBAA
07-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Complete. Fold. Next hand.

Andy B
07-07-2005, 02:49 AM
I raise coming in on third. I think you should fold to the raise, especially with a Jack gone. I think fifth is a fold as well.

Michael Emery
07-07-2005, 04:03 AM
That dead jack on third sucks, man. I'd fold to the raise right there from that ace on 3rd. The fifth steet raise is a little too ballstothewall. The only reason to make it is if you think the ace dosent have aces. In that case you would like to get it heads-up. If the ace does have aces then you dont mind the 4 seat chasing with tens as you'll have to improve to two pair or better to win anyway. If the 4 seat has spades hes unlikely to fold his four flush on fifth when you raise (even though they're so dead and he should). Quit playing bad.

Mike "the donater" Emery