PDA

View Full Version : Flop Line With Nut Flush Draw

W. Deranged
07-06-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm interested in the flop decision on this hand. I think that there are two obvious lines one can take on this hand given the situation and the players involved, one of which I took. I'm still not sure whether or not the other one will be generally better. I'll leave it at that.

10/20 private game. 8 handed.
Deranged is in the 3 seat and in the BB. The game has some really excellent players, including a recent WSOP stud/8 casher, a very good woman who formerly dealt, and another very strong regular (a pro. from all I can tell).

Luckily, none of these players are in the hand in question. SB has been quiet to this point. Looks pretty solid and, for all I know at the point of the hand, could be a very good player. Five seat (LAG) is a loose, aggressive woman who will occassionally make very irrational plays (I earlier saw her 3-bet KJo pre-flop, raise a 10 10 9 flop, lead an 8 turn, and catch a 7 on the river to crack QQ).

Deranged has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB.

1 fold, LAG raises, two cold calls, SB calls, Deranged calls.

Five to the flop for 10 SB.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, DERANGED BETS, LAG RAISES, 2 folds, SB THREE-BETS, DERANGED CAPS...

Thoughts?

BWebb
07-06-2005, 12:31 PM
With your relative position on the raiser, I think this is clear flop check-raise.

sy_or_bust
07-06-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With your relative position on the raiser, I think this is clear flop check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, and it's not close.

Moneyline
07-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't think betting out is bad, because the LAG is likely to raise and drive everyone else out, thus cleaning up your outs to the ace. However, I think a better move is to check/raise, so you can jamb your flush draw for value if you have 2+ opponents in the pot. Once it gets to 3bets I think capping is fine because you may drive out the lag and clean up the ace outs or get a free card. If the lag calls the cap it's fine too because your raise is slightly better than break-even anyway.

Paxosmotic
07-06-2005, 12:57 PM
I'd probably go into loose-passive mode as soon as SB pulled out the check-raise. Check to the LAG who we can count on to bet, the others will call the one bet, the SB raises, call that, the LAG raises again and hopefully the limpers will feel obligated to come along, and if SB doesn't cap, we can do it. Build that pot baby, I love it.