PDA

View Full Version : Weird Hand

GTSamIAm
07-06-2005, 11:40 AM
People are playing weird here, and I can't read them. Turn raise to try and knock possible AK out or get raised and knock out SB? What could SB have? Flop raise is bad as it fails to protect my hand?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB folds.

River: (18 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

McGahee
07-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Looks good
Edit: I thought you 3-bet the flop. 3-bet flop.

Dave G.
07-06-2005, 11:43 AM
The pot is so big here that you can't even protect your hand much on the turn. People are still getting 8:1 to call so gutshots can still peel one and hope to make up the difference on the river.

When this happens I just ram and jam it and hope my hand holds up. You almost certainly have the best hand here. Cap the flop, raise the turn, call down if they keep pushing.

davelin
07-06-2005, 11:48 AM
3-bet flop.

Edit - Take it back, I think I would consider c/r'ing the flop.

Marquis
07-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Gotta 3-bet that flop.

crownjules
07-06-2005, 11:56 AM
3-bet the flop, and it's not close. Any raising your doing here is for value, not protection, as the pot is so bloated you can't protect against anyone that has a decent piece of this board. I would only slow down if UTG+2 capped your flop 3-bet and then raised your turn lead.

GTSamIAm
07-06-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gotta 3-bet that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against PF capper? Won't I just bloat the pot against someone who I'm often going to chop or lose against? What's the range of the capper's hands?

jbird
07-06-2005, 12:01 PM
The only hands that he would possibly cap PF with that you could be losing to here are AA, JJ, TT, AJ, or 33. The latter two are a long shot for a player to cap with unless you have been watching him and his he is LAG. I would 3 bet the flop as well. Results?

MrWookie47
07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. In this huge pot, you stand a good chance at getting the best hand protection you can muster, even if that's not much.

bozlax
07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Looks to me like the preflop capper had a poorly-played AA/QQ/AK. SB looks like he was hoping to make something happen, maybe a diamond draw, and gave up when the going got tough.

A c/r on the flop is a possibility, but if UTG+2 would cap preflop with AK you might see this flop check through, which would be a travesty. So, I like the bet-out on the flop, but you have to hit it again once it's raised back to you. At this point the only hand that a "normal" (read: unknown) player would cap PF that you're behind is AA, and I'm not willing to give him credit for that, yet, and you want to get as much into the pot as you can before everybody realizes they're beat.

So? Did he chicken out with AA or have something worse?

gopnik
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
I'd raise the flop for value, the rest looks fine.

gopnik
07-06-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In this huge pot, you stand a good chance at getting the best hand protection you can muster, even if that's not much.

[/ QUOTE ]
If we want to protect, we need to bet the flop hoping UTG-2 will raise us. If we want value, then we c/r and trap.
I go for protection here because pot is huge, so, I think betting the flop is better.

GTSamIAm
07-06-2005, 01:16 PM
I agree. I bet the flop hoping whats his face after me would raise and force the blind out. But I should have 3-bet for value since I had no way to protect my hand postflop in this huge pot. Thanks for the advice.

bozlax
07-06-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. In this huge pot, you stand a good chance at getting the best hand protection you can muster, even if that's not much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the least bit worried that against an unknown, even though he capped pf, this might check through? UTG+2 might not believe in continuation betting with AK, he might be trying to be tricky, whatever. Since he's a complete unknown I think the proper course is to ram-n-jam until you meet a level of resistance that convinces you he's holding AA or JJ.

nomadtla
07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
yeah SB play makes no sense to me unless it's maybe 99-77 with a missaplied call flop/raise turn idea, or AK/AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif but I think he would have called your raise with that. I think UTG had AA or QQ. I think you played it fine.