PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a value bet here?

Guy McSucker
07-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Party $5/10. Pocket tens on the button.

One limper, I raise, BB and limper call. BB seems to know what he's doing, might be a good and dangerous player, too early to say. Limper plays at random.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Checked to me, I bet, BB check-raises and limper calls two cold. I decide there's enough of a chance he's at it and call.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, limper calls, the paired J only strengthens my resolve and I call.

Edit: it should be clear by now, but just in case: I do not have the T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.

BB checks, limper checks.

Wanna bet?

Guy.

wheelz
07-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Yes

I Play 2 Ski
07-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Absolutely

dave44
07-06-2005, 12:31 PM
I'd rather have raised the turn to charge those draws.

JrJordan
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Raise the turn here. The paired J makes it likely your hand is good here, and with a 3-flush board you're protected from a J 3-betting you since you're representing a flopped flush. If you do indeed get 3-bet, I think it's a fairly easy fold unless you're getting odds to hit your potential 4 outer.

MrTeddyKGB
07-06-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

steaknshake925
07-06-2005, 01:19 PM
if BB is weak-tight he could play a jack this way. nevertheless, i agree that betting is in order here. u never know when u'll get called by 22.

wrto4556
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, though I probably would have called in the heat of the moment, too.

djoyce003
07-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I'd bet, you are probably against two busted flush draws that aren't going to call your bet, though. You might get a donk with an underpair to your tens to call. I think if either one of them had a flush or a jack they would have bet the river.

Surfbullet
07-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I bet here, and expect to get paid off by the limper quite often, and occassionally by a worse hand of BB's, though not very often.

BB's hand looks like a big /images/graemlins/spade.gif or 99/88/66/55. Most of the time he'll fold instead of risking an overcall, but with the limper there I think we'll show a clear profit from betting.

Surf

Guy McSucker
07-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Consensus is I have a value bet, which is good. I thought as much and bet, and then I thought, hmm... if this is a value bet situation surely I should have raised the turn? So then I wondered whether a turn raise is spewery and it only becomes a value bet after they both check the river.

I think correctly raising the turn here is a magnificent play worthy of the very best players, so I didn't do it.

Anyway I got called in two spots: BB had 22 including the two of spades, and the limper had 43o for the flopped and counterfeited two pair.

Guy.