PDA

View Full Version : New York Stadium

CollinEstes
07-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Anybody know what the status of that new Stadium in New York is now that they didn't get the olympics?

The animation of that thing looked pretty sweet. Who would play there the Jets?

Voltron87
07-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I think it fell through. The Jets would have played there, but I think it is not happening right now.

CollinEstes
07-06-2005, 10:39 AM
That is too bad. New York should have world class facilities for all the major sports teams.

Voltron87
07-06-2005, 10:52 AM
i agree, but putting on the west side would have been dumb. the place is a logistical nightmare. when you build a new stadium it should have excellent parking/transportation, and that wouldn't happen on the west side. it would not be an efficient use of money. maybe in queens somewhere, i dunno.

lu_hawk
07-06-2005, 11:20 AM
jets and giants should stay in new jersey forever. they're going to build a new football stadium at the meadowlands anyway.

TheJunkyardGod
07-06-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree, but putting on the west side would have been dumb. the place is a logistical nightmare. when you build a new stadium it should have excellent parking/transportation, and that wouldn't happen on the west side. it would not be an efficient use of money. maybe in queens somewhere, i dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my biggest argument with that stadium.

Well thankfully, the Yankees and Mets are getting new stadiums in '09. My brother is pretty happy about not getting the olympics, because being a mets fan, he would have cried if they had to play in Yankee Stadium during the olympics.

07-06-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it fell through. The Jets would have played there, but I think it is not happening right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I have not heard anything about the fate of the new stadium (god knows the Mets desperately need one), the Jets don't have anything to do with it. When the Manhattan stadium fell apart, the Jets re-entered negotiations with the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority about a new lease at Giants Stadium (including the supposedly forthcoming new stadium). The Jets have made clear that they have no intention of returning to Queens.

Voltron87
07-06-2005, 08:02 PM
shea stadium is such a crappy place. that apple is so [censored] ghetto.

07-06-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree about Shea, but didn't realize how awful it is until I went to a Phils game at their new park. Absolutely beautiful. Shea is just terrible. It has to be the worst stadium in the league, for both fans and players.

wh1t3bread
07-06-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RFK Stadium is just terrible. It has to be the worst stadium in the league, for both fans and players.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

I've been to Shea many times. I've been to RFK a few times this year. Shea (sadly) blows RFK out of the water. Which is incredibly ridiculous, but true.

hoopsie44
07-06-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know what the status of that new Stadium in New York is now that they didn't get the olympics?

The animation of that thing looked pretty sweet. Who would play there the Jets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Proposed West Side Stadium for Jets is dead. Mayor Bloomberg tried to interest Jets in moving to new stadium in Queens but Jets would rather stay in Jersey with Giants than move back to Queens.

Jack of Arcades
07-07-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree about Shea, but didn't realize how awful it is until I went to a Phils game at their new park. Absolutely beautiful. Shea is just terrible. It has to be the worst stadium in the league, for both fans and players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tropicana Field says heeeeeeeeeeeey.