PDA

View Full Version : 4 handed, new player posts utg

GetThere1Time
07-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Villian is brand new to the table and posts UTG.. or the cutoff, whichever you prefer.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

rmarotti
07-06-2005, 11:10 AM
I do this a lot but I think maybe it's spewy. You're probably ahead of most of villains holdings here minus the PPs.

DMBFan23
07-06-2005, 11:22 AM
I can't say I like it, are you going to bet the turn as well and take a free showdown? it would be better if the board has some draws he might be betting, but on this one he pretty much has to be betting either total sh** or a pair.

I like pf but I probably would have called the flop

Grisgra
07-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I like it.

PokerBob
07-06-2005, 11:27 AM
villain might have been me. I accidentally posted UTG last night and was pissed. PM me the screenname.

DMBFan23
07-06-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this make me weak tight?

Grisgra
07-06-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this make me weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Afraid so /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

No, not necessarily, but when someone posts in a 4-handed game, then raises that hand, I generally think he's full of crap. I raise the flop and probably check the turn, or river, looking for a free showdown if I don't improve. I want to know what this guy was raising with, and raising the flop might make him fold, or slow him down.

DMBFan23
07-06-2005, 11:41 AM
yeah I agree with you about PF, I think it's an easy three bet. but are the same types of dudes who post UTG the types who will bet crap into a pf three bettor? granted there's no A or K on board, but I generally think of those dudes as too passive as opposed to too aggressive. plus raising a turn A or T feels really good.

dave44
07-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Very similar thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2797485&amp;page=1&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

GetThere1Time
07-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB

Grisgra
07-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Yay cheap showdown /images/graemlins/smile.gif. My guess is that he showed you something retarded like K6s, but hey, if you managed to check down to the river and he had the best hand, c'est la vie.

GetThere1Time
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yay cheap showdown /images/graemlins/smile.gif. My guess is that he showed you something retarded like K6s, but hey, if you managed to check down to the river and he had the best hand, c'est la vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funnier almost. He had AJo and MHING

GetThere1Time
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I agree with you about PF, I think it's an easy three bet. but are the same types of dudes who post UTG the types who will bet crap into a pf three bettor? granted there's no A or K on board, but I generally think of those dudes as too passive as opposed to too aggressive. plus raising a turn A or T feels really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't tend to peg these guys as passive or aggressive more than I peg them as goofy and donkish and capable of doing many goofy and donkish things. However, if I had to choose between one or the other I'd say someone who posts in a 6-max game is more often aggressive, at least loose, since they would have to have more of a disrespect for money to post rather than say... wait 5 seconds

DMBFan23
07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very similar thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2797485&amp;page=1&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

good, stheif and Jeff W agree so at least it's not TOTALLY routine...still gonna think about it but I was starting to worry

Grisgra
07-06-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funnier almost. He had AJo and MHING

[/ QUOTE ]

My hunch is that he would have shown it down even if you had kept hammering, but whaddya gonna do? He caps pf with AK, and AQ is beating you. You ran into the only hand that is beating you unimproved that you might have been able to fold with continued aggression. No biggie.