PDA

View Full Version : KQo hand

DavidC
07-06-2005, 08:45 AM
I think that there's a tight limper in ep(villain), a tight limper in lp, and that the other three players are loose (good table).

---

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Paxosmotic
07-06-2005, 08:59 AM
On the flop, if there's even one half of one tenth of one percent that the button will position raise, I think it's going to be correct to check to him so that you can check-raise. That should eliminate most of your problems here. Lead the turn then check the river and call a bet.

SmileyEH
07-06-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, if there's even one half of one tenth of one percent that the button will position raise, I think it's going to be correct to check to him so that you can check-raise. That should eliminate most of your problems here. Lead the turn then check the river and call a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, hero played the hand fine.

-SmileyEH

akvsaq
07-06-2005, 11:14 AM
I see no problems with your play, maybe you can fold the river IF YOU ARE CERTAIN he would not raise w/o beatin 1 pr. Otherwise, I think you played it perfectly.

axioma
07-06-2005, 11:56 AM
you dont raise preflop then try for a C/R in a situation like this. it will be checked around far to often.

personally, i dont raise KQo out of the SB. this is somewhat debatable.

my line: complete PF, bet flop, bet turn, check/call river.

DavidC
07-06-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you dont raise preflop then try for a C/R in a situation like this. it will be checked around far to often.

[/ QUOTE ]

The action makes me really reluctant to check-fold here.

I'm mainly wondering if check-calling is the bettor or worse option on this river.

--Dave.

SmileyEH
07-06-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The action makes me really reluctant to check-fold here.

I'm mainly wondering if check-calling is the bettor or worse option on this river.

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line is how I would play it every time. Don't worry about this hand.

-SmileyEH

slavic
07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't have a problem with this hand though I likely don't call the last bet. It depends on how much of a nut I think the raiser is but against a good image I don't call. This is also why it's so important to keep a tight aggressive image.

Preflop, I'm a mix of raise and call. With this many players I likely call just because it gives me an advantage in making other players make mistakes. Raising isn't wrong, and with KQs I raise near always for many reasons.