PDA

View Full Version : The Greek Theatre in LA

zephed
07-06-2005, 06:16 AM
I have a few questions for anyone who has seen a concert there. Also, if you have any advice on buying tickets through an agency or ebay, that would be great.

Here's a map for reference.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8890/seating7ik.gif

The "benches" section, is it too far, or is it unobstructed?

Is there a significant difference between sections A and B? Or is it pretty close?

Are the non-center sections at too sharp of an angle? Or is the stage completely visible from there?

How do they work the pits during a rock concert? Can anyone walk down there and stand there the whole show? Or is it kept empty the whole time?

If anyone with a crap seat can walk up and stand in front of the stage, I might consider doing just that. I have to buy through an agency or ebay so it is more expensive.

If not, I might as well pay just a little bit more to get a section A-center seat a few rows back.

Any other advice?

rmarotti
07-06-2005, 11:53 AM
The theater is small enough that its not going to be too bad anywhere. Whether or not you can wander into the pit is dependent on the show. IIRC I could for Dylan, but not for Radiohead. [censored] buying tickets just climb the trees that hang over the back of the benches. Coolest seat in the house.

zephed
07-06-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The theater is small enough that its not going to be too bad anywhere. Whether or not you can wander into the pit is dependent on the show. IIRC I could for Dylan, but not for Radiohead. [censored] buying tickets just climb the trees that hang over the back of the benches. Coolest seat in the house.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it seemed pretty small. Thanks for the input.

I don't think my gf would dig the tree climbing though.