PDA

View Full Version : Blind Stealing Chart, please point me towards one or help

ebaudry
07-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Can anyone point me towards a chart they or someone else has made that indicates when one should blind steal (what cards to use, and if available how one should alter those requirements to take into account the blinds' VP$IP, WTSD% or others (since the defended blinds stat takes too long to converge on something all that useful). Obviously a defending a blind steal chart would be great too, perhaps accounting for the AF of the offending blind-stealer as a barrometer for tightening-looseing the calling/raising requirements?

If such a chart doesn't exist, then:

1) Should I BS more from the CO or the BTN given that the BTN steal is more likely to work, but the CO steal has more to gain if it backfires b/c at least it (might have) bought the button?

2)When defending the big blind against someone who steals it every chance they get (junk cards too), what are the considerations in terms of whether to just call or to raise/train?

3)How is good blind stealing/defending play different that merely using the typical SSHE Tight Game chart adjusting for simply everyone before the stealer folding? I ask this from the perspective that some players seem to be trying to make most of their money from stealing every chance they get and this has to factor somehow into what cards you expect to be up against when you call/raise the offender.

4) What would an aspiring TAG want their Attempt blindsteal numbers to be? Same question for defending from SB or BB.

5) When in position after trying to steal the blind but being called by one player, how often should one potshoot on the flop against typical low limit players? Obviously the texture of the flop is quite important, so if that's really the only factor, then lets focus on a rainbow-rag flop.

6)Which player types (TAG/Rock/UA/etc) would you be more inclined to steal their blinds, and what PT/GT+ stats and thresholds would you be considering to swing you in one direction of a close call? And conversely against which player types would you be more/less likely to defend the blinds?

7)And last, is there anything obvious that I am not asking that should be considered that stands out?

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Huge Blind Stealing / Defending Leaker

@bsolute_luck
07-06-2005, 05:46 AM
depends on how tight the blinds are both preflop and postflop.

2 suggestions would be the SSH tight chart and a shorthanded (6-max) chart- ummm...you'll have to search for it probably in the HUSH forum. i like to use the 6-max chart because blind stealing is expanded to 3 off the button (~MP3/4) instead of just CO and Button.

but again, much of it depends on the players behind you.