PDA

View Full Version : Just finished HOH 1 and HOH 2

The Nutz85
07-06-2005, 04:20 AM
I just got done with HOH1 and HOH2 both read in about a week or so.

I am starting to summerize each chapters main ideas in quick cheat sheets like i have done the heads up hand rankings and the green yellow orange red and dead zone with what you should do and look for while your in each zone. Does anyone think that this is a good idea and maybe be willing to contribute sort of like a HOH studdy session? and help grasp each other grasp some of the concepts better?

cwsiggy
07-06-2005, 09:50 AM
I would appreciate this. I'm especially confused on orange zone play, granted I've only just finished that section and half the book. Go for it.

The Nutz85
07-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Im going to start posting charts and reference cheat sheets in the books and publications form.

And eventually put it all in a website

Easy E
07-07-2005, 10:04 AM
As you discovered in the other thread, the website might not be the best idea.

Watch out for copyright violations

TaoTe
07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Excellent Idea. I'd be willing to help out and do some writing for it.

As for copyrighting laws, only reprinting the exact text would be a violation. You can make a summary, notes, Q&A available online without any trouble. There are thousands of sites online that are devoted to books, ie. Harry Potter, The Wheel of Time, the DaVinci Code, etc. Furthermore, after a books copyright has expired you can reprint the book entirely online. Countless numbers of classic novels are online for free. Though, since HOH2 just came out, this isn't relevant.

If the site is not for profit, no one will raise any complaints.

A good place to start, before having people help you would be to start by making an "index at length." By this I mean marking each section with a one or two sentence description of what the action is, not done simply chapter by chapter but by how new ideas/actions spring up and occur. This is often done by editors and occasionally by authors for help in keeping track of events and chronolgy. Example: 1a)introduces preflop play. 1b) pinpoints the importance of the decision to play or not. And on and on.

There are plenty of options involved with this, and it is a big task with a lot of work behind it but potentially rewarding.

The Nutz85
07-07-2005, 12:29 PM
im gonna begin making an index as u described if you or anyone is willing to contribute my aol screen name is Mav3rick101, just im me and we can take it from there.

TaoTe
07-07-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm at work now, but I'll try to drop you a line when I get home.