PDA

View Full Version : Bet King high on turn?

BWillie
07-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB is a donk, calls-down about anything VPIP 45.5 PFR 1% over 90 hands. MP2 is a loose-aggressive/passive player.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

What do you guys think about the King high bet on the turn?

Dave G.
07-06-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB is a donk, calls-down about anything

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gone to the trouble of having a read on this player, yet your turn bet seems to suggest that you ignore your own reads.

If he plays as you say, there is no way betting this turn is profitable, because there is no way he is folding. Check and hope MP2 checks through for you. If he bets, I'd fold it. A call would be very thin here.

xenthebrain
07-06-2005, 05:14 AM
If he calls down with anything I wouln't bet.
And against two players there is not a great chance to get them to fold.

Aaron W.
07-06-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB is a donk, calls-down about anything

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything means he'll be calling the turn bet with Q9 and T7, then a turn bet is good. MP2's LAG-P status means he's most likely taking one off with overcards to the 554 flop. I'm a little worried that he called the turn bet. He might have a small/medium pair since he hasn't dumped it yet.

BWillie
07-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Cards this guy would be playing here is a somewhat big range, such as K7o, Q8o, 109o, 78o, A6o, J7o and so on. Usually he'll come in preflop with hands hoping to catch top pair or middle pair and then bets it. I figured he would of let me know on the flop if he had trips or two pair by now. I think the LAP would of raised me on the flop if he had even pocket fours in that situation even. I put him on high cards, or a flush draw by the turn, and I don't think he's calling me on the river very often with AQs, AJs, A10s, very much after he busted his flush draw.

nomadtla
07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't think the pot is large enough to do any fighting for it esspescially with your note on SB. Even if he calls down Ace high you lose. I say check/call the turn (though that also depends on a read of MP2) but with SB padding (I assume he'd call if MP2 bet) I think I'd see the river check/fold UI.