PDA

View Full Version : ohh party 2/4 how i love you so...

PITTM
07-06-2005, 02:04 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (19.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.83 (All-In)</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (23.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 29.20 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 21.58 BB, between UTG+2, MP1, Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Hero (21.58 BB).</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 7.62 BB, between UTG+2, MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Hero (7.62 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 8c 8d (three of a kind, eights).
UTG has Jc 3c (one pair, jacks).
UTG+2 has 5c Ad (two pair, aces and fives).
MP1 has Ah Jh (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 29.20 BB. </font>

i kinda just started playing limit again, did i play way too scared on the turn and river, upon second glance i think i missed many bets.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

rj

mantasm
07-06-2005, 02:11 AM
You really should have raised the turn. And called down if threebet unless you filled up.

DawnToDusk
07-06-2005, 02:19 AM
On the turn did you get scared of a possible set of Jacks out? Thats the only reason I can see why you would of checked and then called. It seems funny that you would cap the flop and then start checking and calling with your hand.

Your hand is going to win a fair amount of the time, but with a pot that big you want to drive out people and protect your hand. There is a straight and flush draw out there. The straight draw is a little unlikely with all the preflop action. But there could easily be big suited broadway cards out there in hearts. What you could of done on the turn is try for a check raise. I would recommend this if you know a player that will get the action last or nearly next to last will bet. Then you can raise making it two bets to go and put the draws to a decision.

In my mind you missed bets on the turn and the river. And anyways. If someone did hit a set, this pot is to big to back away from. Your just gonna have to pay off.

mikeyvegas
07-06-2005, 02:26 AM
WTF, raise the turn.

Jake (The Snake)
07-06-2005, 02:27 AM
There's no chance a flush draw is folding.

But you still need to be raising this at every opportunity for value.

DawnToDusk
07-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Oh ya. Any player with the least bit of common sense won't here. But you may be able to protect your hand. In any situation try to protect a hand like this when the pot is this big if you can.

mantasm
07-06-2005, 02:46 AM
That doesn't make any sense. Even if you could face a player with two bets cold, which you can't, they're still going to call and have odds to do so. There's no protection going on when you raise, just value. Even a gutshot can call correctly.

Nick C
07-06-2005, 03:06 AM
I know your flop check/cap is scary, but what I wish I knew is what Button 3-bet on the flop and then folded to the cap, getting 39:1.

I think MP1's play in the hand is all right.

(I guess I've been responding to the thread's title, so far.)

Anyway, regarding your play, I would have led the turn. It's quite possible MP1 would have just called, though, and then if you led again on the river, I'm not sure more bets would have gone in than actually did go in (even though two of your opponents did improve to aces up), given the strength that your flop check/cap represented.

Your turn and river plays are an unusual follow-up to your flop check/cap (given that you had a big made hand/draw instead of just a huge draw), but I'm not sure you would have done any better by leading the turn and river, in this particular case.

Tonsafun
07-06-2005, 03:51 AM
Head...hurting...at...missed...bets.:(

Given the preflop action you're ahead on the flop and turn so often it's sick. Pump the hell out of that pot.

PITTM
07-06-2005, 06:52 PM
did i really miss any bets besides the turn reraise? i definitly wouldnt have capped the river after a cap on every street. the only bet i really think i missed was reraising the turn. yeah?

rj

TiltsMcFabulous
07-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Fairly poor play on this hand. With such a draw heavy board, you MUST raise the turn. The river is a totally safe card since the UTG raiser is all in (and only he is likely to have the AA you may fear--irrationally, I might add), so why aren't you raising it?

I agree with the poster who has the headache seeing all the missed bets.

~ Tilts