PDA

View Full Version : Adding tables 4 to 8

johnny005
07-06-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm thinking about adding more tables.
I have been playing 4 tables for a few months now.. I have about 1000 22's played with a 20.9% ROI. so I'm averaging about $4.60 per tourneys played.
The question I have for the hardcore multitablers out there is what kind of drop can I expect to see when I move from 4 to 6...or 4 to 8 tables?
Also how did you guys move up? Did you add a table at a time until you were comfortable with it.. Move down a limit to test things out?
Thanks in advance guys

pergesu
07-06-2005, 12:39 AM
I played 6 for a while then played 8. My ROI went up when I started 8-tabling, but that's cause I'm a luckbox that ran hot for a while.

Try it out for a bit, and don't really worry about your ROI. Just be honest with yourself as to whether or not you can handle all the action. If you can, stick with it, if you're missing stuff, drop a table or two.

johnny005
07-06-2005, 12:50 AM
I understand I will be missing a few things If i add more tables.. I'm really just wondering what kind of drop in ROI I'm likly to encounter..
I'm playing full time now so adding another 4 tables can work out to be an extra 30-40k per year.. If my ROI doesnt drop too much. Would a 5% drop be reasonable or would it be less say 3-4%?

SumZero
07-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Does it really matter? As long as the ROI doesn't get cut in half it is more profitable to 8-table hour for hour. The best way to see if it drops is try it for 10,000 or so SNGs and see what your ROI is.

stillmatic
07-06-2005, 01:11 AM
I just started 8-tabling 2 months ago, up from 4-tabling, but had to go back to 6 when i moved up to the $22's (hopefully ill be back to 8 once i really got the swing of things).

I would start with 5 or 6 and try to get used to the new pace.

I like to start 4, then when those 4 are about to hit level 3, I add two more.. which is less hectic for me. Once all 6 are going i just add tables continiously whenever i bust and rarely feel too pressured from that point on... Play for 4-5 hours, take a break, and repeat

I've got a 31% ROI and a 41% ITM through almost 700 $22's doing this (praying this streak lasts although i know some bad variance has got to be coming), best of luck

ripped
07-06-2005, 01:32 AM
When I added 4 more tables I didnt suffer any loss in ROI. As someone already mentioned it dont matter what the drop is as long as it is not half of your ROI that it is right now.