PDA

View Full Version : 6-max Resteals

McGahee
07-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villian here seems like kind of a TAP to me, but PT has him as a LAG. What does that say about me? At any rate he's aware of his position and can find the fold button when he's beaten.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>....

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villian in this hand is a SLAP, which matches my own reads pretty well. He's positional-aware PF, pretty average post-flop player who isn't a total calling station but takes some hands too far.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Obviously the first hand is easier to play as I have position. Otherwise, the consensus for defending against steals seems to be to either call &amp; C/R the flop or 3-bet PF. Not really applicable to these hands - but for deception purposes - I think I like doing the former when I have an Ace and the latter when I don't. Cool?

tinhat
07-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Would you mind explaining these (r-e-a-l slow)?

hand #1: okay maybe he's raising crap - but he could've paired any of the four by now and you have overs with one card to come. So:

1. Why the turn c-r?

2a. Fold if he 3-bets?

2b. Assuming, what does his 3-bet mean? He actually has something or he thinks this is an overcard attempt at stealing back?

3a. What information do you need on a player to try this? A couple hands; a couple dozen hands?

3b. What # of hands do you auto-rate players with?

4. What's different if (supposing) you had rr pf?

5. What happens after your raise? If he called do you call a river bet? Check behind?

hand #2:

I don't understand any of it (except not 3-betting pf) assuming the gutshot has nothing to do with it.

If these sd, what'd they have?

Mike

edit: I don't understand the reasoning behind these kinds of plays

DeathDonkey
07-11-2005, 07:05 PM
You really need to 3 bet both of these preflop.

-DeathDonkey

VBM
07-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Hand 1, i think i'd typically raise the flop and alternate between a free turn card &amp; firing again. unless he has completely dominated junk like A5o, your pot equity hasn't increased on the turn.

Hand 2 i don't like either as a passive player may just call you down with any piece. baby pairs and AJ may fold, but not many better hands are going anywhere.

Bradyams
07-11-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really need to 3 bet both of these preflop.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

McGahee
07-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Wow, I wasn't expecting this thread to get bumped.

[ QUOTE ]

Would you mind explaining these (r-e-a-l slow)?

hand #1: okay maybe he's raising crap - but he could've paired any of the four by now and you have overs with one card to come. So:

1. Why the turn c-r?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't C/R

[ QUOTE ]

2a. Fold if he 3-bets?
2b. Assuming, what does his 3-bet mean? He actually has something or he thinks this is an overcard attempt at stealing back?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he 3-bets the turn I throw up in my mouth, but 0.5% of 1/2 players are going to do it with less than 2-pair, so there's no chance of him "stealing back".

Basically I'm taking the same line most people take on their monsters - smoothcalling flop &amp; nailing the turn. He could've had a piece of the board but I think there's an excellent chance he's folding a 2, 7, or even a 9 - he's not a calling station; and I have 6 outs vs. a J. There's a much better chance of him "stealing back" if I raise the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

3a. What information do you need on a player to try this? A couple hands; a couple dozen hands?

3b. What # of hands do you auto-rate players with?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) However long it takes to get a solid read. They work best against people like me who respect turn raises a lot more than flop aggression.
b) I don't know.

[ QUOTE ]

4. What's different if (supposing) you had rr pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case probably nothing. He would've C/C'd the flop and C/F'd the turn. I'm just wondering if I get paid off more when an Ace flops and I don't represent that I have it PF.

[ QUOTE ]

5. What happens after your raise? If he called do you call a river bet? Check behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he calls &amp; bets into me on the river I fold UI. Again though, this is going to happen ~never. He'll either check thinking his hand is no good, or C/R if he has a hand. I'm definitely checking behind UI.

[ QUOTE ]

edit: I don't understand the reasoning behind these kinds of plays

[/ QUOTE ]

These are not my standard lines at all. I would normally 3-bet them PF and/or raise the flop in Hand #1, etc...
This is just stuff I was experimenting with last week.
I could post hands of me value-betting calling stations, but what fun is that?
Everyone always says 3-bet a steal PF with a good Ace and go from there. I was just throwing something different out there for thought. These hands look kinda ugly since I didn't hit the flops, but say there's an A on the board; will they be less likely to believe I have it when I don't 3-bet PF? I think they might; of course it's highly possible that I'm outhinking myself since this is 1/2. I just started 2/4 where there seems to be a lot more blind stealing and more thinking villians (though still plenty of bad ones) so we'll see.