PDA

View Full Version : Wimpy pair improves

AngelicPenguin
07-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 was loose and passive (40/1.82/.6) over about 50 hands
MP2 was tight and aggressive over about 45 hands

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

How about preflop? Do I need to bail when it's two back to me here? The river I figured maybe he just had busted overcards and called completing the action.

TomBrooks
07-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Preflop a little costly, but you kind of got stuck in it. I wouldn't fold.

Flop OK

Turn Got to call with the OESD. Is UTG betting the seven or the five?

River: Call might be OK if UTG was betting the five on the turn. Your getting 12:1 to call.

Fantam
07-06-2005, 08:41 AM
I dont think that you should be cold-calling raises preflop with a small pocket pair like this. I would have folded to the first PF raise.

I think that UTG was most likely betting the turn and river with a pair after everyone else checked the flop. If UTG does have a pair, its difficult to know whether its better or worse than your 66.

However you consider UTG to be loose and the pot was quite big, so I think that it was reasonable for you to call down.

McNeese72
07-06-2005, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't cold call with a small pair pre-flop unless there are three or four players going in the pot between me and the raiser. And I'm definitely out of there with the 3-bet. With a small pair, I'm hoping to see the flop cheaply with a lot of other players limping and then hitting a set.

But I'm just a beginner who has just about worn out his copy of SSH reading it over and over again.

bozlax
07-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I think I throw this away preflop when the TAG raises the first time. You're only getting 2.75:1 on that call. Once it's 2 back to me I definitely chuck it.

Flop checks through, fine for you.

You pick up the OESD on the turn, so I think that's a good call, getting 11:1.

Since your passive bet out on both the turn and the river after, first, the straight card fell, and, then, the flush card fell, I think you can safely chuck it on the river.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-06-2005, 07:15 PM
You cannot chuck this when it is 2 back to you preflop, there's way too much money in the pot and your implied odds are sexy.