PDA

View Full Version : 99 Hand w/ Aggressive action

AngelicPenguin
07-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG was loose and aggressive (43/15) over about 60 hands
SB was loose and passive (54/2) over about 80 hands but was almost out of money (he was all-in preflop)
Button was almost a maniac...super lag

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls $0.10 (All-In), UTG calls.

Flop: (24.20 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (17.10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (17.10 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 18.10 BB

I was utterly lost and called the flop bet/raise b/c I pretty much had odds for my set. Should I have 3-bet preflop...I REALLY wanted to. Any other comments?

awval999
07-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Wow. That flop really sucked for you. You are almost 99% drawing to the two nines and would have to fend off the flush re-draw.

Maybe fold the flop? I can understand calling pre-flop two cold again because the SB was all-in. But I probably would have folded if he had more money left.

It seems like you have the odds to draw to the set on the flop. I like the check through the turn. And obviously fold the river.

I like your line.

TripleH68
07-05-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have 3-bet preflop...I REALLY wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you? Looks like a good spot for a 3-bet.

AngelicPenguin
07-06-2005, 12:02 AM
I didn't really want button to cap. He tended to do it when there was a lot of action.

dawade
07-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Why not 3-bet PF against a LAG? Only TT-AA has you beat at the moment, so why not push that edge?

TripleH68
07-06-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't really want button to cap. He tended to do it when there was a lot of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aggressive games preflop can be tough. If you felt a preflop 3-bet was going to get you into a four handed cap, then you played it well. Encourage as many calls as you can behind you and go for the set.

When you flop an overpair with 99 though you will be in for a bumpy ride. This hand was pretty easy to play postflop.

madscratch
07-06-2005, 09:16 AM
What was your read on UTG+1? Do you want to play 99 against whatever he's capping with?

And then the button is raising the flop. I'd say it's time to get out and save your money. You're looking at a 2 outer that still might lose to someone's diamond flush draw.

imported_The Vibesman
07-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Definitely 3bet pre-flop. You want to play this against one or two opponents.
On the flop I think you just have too many opponents to expect the 9s to hold up, but the size of the pot seems to make a call worthwhile. Too bad about button raising after showing no aggression.
I don't see the point of betting the turn, the checkthru is good.
You know, I think you're probably behind on the river and the fold is good, but I might make a "curiosity" call to see what this guy will bet like that. I'd also like to know what UTG+1 plays as he has.